Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / I bought "Hands on App Game Kit Studio" and it's awesome

Author
User Banned
Posted: 17th May 2020 17:29 Edited at: 17th May 2020 17:35
i Bought the First of 2 Books from the "Hands on with App Game Kit Studio" serie as a PDF (Ebook) and it's awesome !
I can't understand, why such an important Book is not linked on Page 1 of TGC , App Game Kit as a DLC or at Steam or as a Banner on the Website here.
It's really strange and sad to see such a book in a shitty Homepage from 1998 without a real automated Webshop. I guess the EMail with the download Link were sent to me manually by a real person and this in 2020

BUT The Book itself is a real help and really worth every cent !

Good Job !! Thank you for this book !

www.digital-skills.co.uk
Alistair
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2020 12:36
@Vectrex71CH I'm glad you liked the book. I write them more as a hobby to keep me busy in my retirement than as a money-making business (I'm not as interested in the advertising and selling part). Sorry, about the old-fashioned way of handling your sale, but at least you get personal attention!

BTW, I'm busy writing an update to both volumes (which will be free if you've already bought the older versions from Digital Skills). Hopefully, the update to volume 1 will be available in the next couple of months.
kwandjeen
Years of Service
User Offline
I confirm. Having bought the 2 books, they are gold mines. Nice work and can't wait to see the updates.
Vectrex71CH
User Banned
Posted: 18th May 2020 22:13 Edited at: 18th May 2020 22:15
@Alistair

ohh the "old fashioned WebStore" was NOT a critism !! It was a funny experience !!
Maybe i found not the right words, because english is not my first language
But your books are very understandable also for me Thank you very much for your work !! It is a real help !!
I wish you all the best !

greetings from switzerland!

juerg

PS: How does this works with the updates ? will i get a new Download-Link ?

Alistair
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2020 07:47
@Vectrex71CH The updates are coming along nicely but I am never sure quite how long they will take me. I'm afraid the customer book update process is a bit low tech too. I will be
posting on this forum and on the Digital Skills website when the update is available. After that it's up to you to email us with your original order reference number if you want the free update. Mostly this long process is due to
the fact that we deliberately don't retain details of our customers in digital form.

And if I can help you or anyone with the contents of the books, please email me (alistair@digital-skills.co.uk). I actually like getting emails from customers!
Vectrex71CH
User Banned
Posted: 19th May 2020 20:18 Edited at: 19th May 2020 20:19
Quote: "I'm afraid the customer book update process is a bit low tech too.

After that it's up to you to email us with your original order reference number if you want the free update"

Please DON'T feel bad !! But to be honest, i had to LOL Welcome in 1998

But fun beside I thank you for all and i will promote your book to friends and enemies

looking forward "excited" !

Greetings and all the best !

stay healthy!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:18:00
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:18:00