Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Error running html5 exported project

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2020 19:20 Edited at: 25th May 2020 19:30
I started a new project, replaced the fps print with printing "Hello world" ran it once, and then exported to html5 files. I then uploaded the files to my website. When I access the page on the website, I get the game screen, but with this error:

uncaught exception: could not load memory initializer AGKPlayer.html.mem

I expected to see the words "Hello world" but do not see them.

I believe my AGK2 version is 2020.04.30

Any thoughts?
JosephB
Years of Service
User Offline
Are these 7 files in a directory that is named the same as the AppGameKit game directory name? AGKPlayer.asm.js, AGKPlayer.data, AGKPlayer.html.mem, AGKPlayer.js, background.jpg, made-with-appgamekit.png, and index.html (this last one could also be the name of the game). I do not recall receiving that error, but have received other error messages. I found that the HTML5 game seems to work best if the seven files are loaded to a directory name on your server that is the same name as the AppGameKit game directory name.
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2020 21:25
JosephB, thanks for the response. It didn't fix the problem however. I put the seven files in a folder in my httpdocs space on my website. The page loads, I see the AppGameKit logo, etc. but the game doesn't execute, same error as before. I'm baffled. I remember this working at some point in the distant past, but I can't remember how to do it now.
JosephB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2020 22:04 Edited at: 25th May 2020 22:06
Before I try anything on my server, I test it in Web Server for Chrome. This lets you run from your directory on your computer. I use FileZilla to transfer the files to my server. If this is the code you are exporting to HTML5, it works for me using the Web Server for Chrome:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:56:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:56:14