Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / 2020 - DB Pro free - change icon for .exe file ???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2020 01:39
Its 2020 and I still can't change the final exe file's icon , I have tried the solutions going back to 2006 on this forum and nothing works ; I do not get any errors , I have been using Microsoft paint for years and I have no problems with my icons ANYWHERE except DB Pro , does not matter if it is the Paid version or Free one , the exe always has the default icon , only instead of the DB icon , it now has Guru , would think after all this time , this single issue would be addressed and fixed by now , SO I am here to see if there IS a solution for this issue in 2020 , I am on a win7 pro x64 desktop running the current DB Pro Free
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 27th May 2020 09:51 Edited at: 27th May 2020 09:56
to change icon, see pic below. select the path of where the .ico file is , e.g. root project folder. change application.exe to your own exe name and then compile project. you may have to reboot your machine to see the change. are you using DBPROex version (Rudolph)?

Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others

Attachments

Login to view attachments
-majic-
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2020 19:17
I have done all that you mentioned --- no good

I am using db pro 12.02.16 with the 7.7.rc7 update
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Jun 2020 07:07
I advise using the last version of Rudolpho's dbproex.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2020 13:04 Edited at: 4th Jun 2020 13:05
I'm not sure what you mean by "DB Pro Free" (do you mean the version available on GitHub? which is v7.2 but can easily be updated to v7.7)
There should be no issues changing the Application Icon via the method Bored showed... in-fact the App I built for the Mario Sunshine Water Shader (in the AppGameKit Classic Forum) which is a DBP app, is using a custom icon.
It was built with the "Free" version of DBP from GitHub.

Have you considered the issue is with the .ico you're using... specifically it has to be a Windows 9x Compatible Icon.
I've added the Photoshop 64bit Icon Import / Exporter Plug-In as an attachment that's compatible with DBP.

I don't have the 32bit version, and can't remember exactly where it's from but it supports Creative Cloud versions of Photoshop (including 2020)
Just be sure to keep the ICO smaller than 48x48, and I'd recommend 8bit Indexed Colour with a Transparency Key.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:03:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:03:34