Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Raspberry Pi / Which OS?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2020 08:55
Which OS do I have to set up on the raspberry in order develop and run AppGameKit programmes?
Is there a preferred hw/os/sw combination that is generally accepted and runs foolproof? I'd like to write a media-rich chatterbot app involving touchscreen, camera, mic, audio.

Please forgive me for these possibly stupid questions - I have only ever worked on and programmed PCs under Windows. Looking out for a new machine after more than 30 years is a bit of an adventure to me.
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2020 21:34
I simply just use Raspbian OS, that works fine for me. There might be few steps to make getting it up and running, but there are solutions on this board on how to get it set up. Which Pi do you intend to use? Some people have had some issues with Pi4, don't know if that has been fixed as I have a Pi2.
13/0
dontaskme
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2020 07:59
Thanks for your answer; I haven't planned yet which Pi.
I first wanted to ask for info from people with hands-on experience.
As I am more interested into writing a program than into getting the whole machinery to work, I always prefer a foolproof basic solution to a technically intricate setup which is time-consuming or difficult to maintain.
What would you recommend?
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2020 17:39 Edited at: 18th Jun 2020 17:41
I'm happy making simple stuff on my Pi2, it's great and easy once it's running The GPIO pins are easy to access with AppGameKit for Pi.
13/0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:15:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:15:36