Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Expansion files not detected?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2020 17:26 Edited at: 5th Nov 2021 11:50
edited
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2020 03:19 Edited at: 25th Jul 2020 03:25
1) You never set the value of expansiontest in your while loop
2) I think expansion files are mean to work directly with Google play
Scribble
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2020 04:34 Edited at: 5th Nov 2021 11:50
@blinkok
I made that code just to see the status of expansion file state, which will be returned by GetExpansionFileState() in the while-loop. I didn't mean for it to progress/do something else.
expansiontest variable is just there to preserve the loop

Expansion files are supposed to be able to be tested directly by placing them in that obb folder, just like in the documentation.

Perhaps I should make the expansion files directory structure to be more simple, without the subfolders. Will try again later
Scribble
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2020 23:44 Edited at: 5th Nov 2021 11:51
With further testing, It seems like the expansion file cannot be detected if tested locally. An app need to be submitted to Google Play along with it's expansion file for it to be detected.
Even if we try to manipulate the expansion file (delete, replace) AFTER downloading+installing the whole package via Google play, the detection will still fail, as if the expansion file was never there. It will only be detected if the app comes with the unaltered original file downloaded from Google.

Which means, we can't test the project locally to see if the expansion file is working properly, before uploading it to Google Play. We can only test it by uploading the whole package to Google Play.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:50:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:50:04