Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK VR : Zombie VR demo and Leap Motion error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2020 09:33
Hello
When i'm trying to test the zombie VR demo I've this message :

- The folder is inside the 'MyDocuments'.
- AGKVR folder is inside the AGK2 tile1 plugins folder.
- The factory leapmotion examples works fine on my windows 8.1

(This is the AGKVR download version, not the steam verision. Note that steam isn't installed on my system)

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "- The folder is inside the 'MyDocuments'."

'MyDocuments' or 'Documents'? And what is the full users folder tree to that location (including any special characters that might be applied along the way)? Have you tried placing all of the required files in root a folder named something like 'c:\temp;' to see if the behavior changes at all?

Quote: " - AGKVR folder is inside the AGK2 tile1 plugins folder."

If it's 'tile1', then there would be one problem. It should be 'Tier 1'. Also, are there any special characters along the way to the path where that location and the location of the app is in the '\Program Files (x86)' folder?

Quote: " - The factory leapmotion examples works fine on my windows 8.1"

I'd recommend comparing folder paths on both to look for potential differences and special characters on the Windows 10 system.
Hubert BAYRE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2020 04:45 Edited at: 18th Jun 2020 06:15
In fact this is a FRENCH Window. (ie "Mes Documents" folder)
tile1 : sorry typo into the previous message. read Tier 1 inside the Program Files (x86) folder.
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah ok, I wouldn't expect there to be a problem with French characters. It sounds like the error you ran into (110) simply indicates that you aren't running the required VR runtime at the time of initialization. So you probably do have Steam and SteamVR installed on your Windows 8.1 system, but not this one. So that's likely why it works on the Win8 setup, but not the Win10 setup.

I would initially suggest installing Steam/SteamVR on your Windows 10 system first, configure your HMD in SteamVR next, then launch and test.
Hubert BAYRE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2020 07:16 Edited at: 18th Jun 2020 07:20
This not works on windows 8.1. Just the factory leap motion programs.
I don't understand why i need to install some Steam software to use the leap motion and the AppGameKit VR library. What's the link between them ?
Could i install this without an Steam account ? Just some 'Steam dll' or others ?
Have you some idea about this ? I don't know what to do.
Could you post an url ?
Many thanks
Hubert BAYRE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2020 07:37 Edited at: 18th Jun 2020 07:38
Note i've only the lead motion device i've not HMD or other virtual helmet. Perhaps this demo need an helmet ?
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I don't understand why i need to install some Steam software to use the leap motion and the AppGameKit VR library. What's the link between them ?"

AGKVR depends on SteamVR (aka OpenVR) for its functionality. So I'd guess that even to use optional non-HMD controllers/devices, it will still need to interface with SteamVR to initialize.

Quote: " Could i install this without an Steam account ? Just some 'Steam dll' or others ?"

I think SteamVR has to be fully installed, which in turn requires Steam also. I doubt that can be done without creating a Steam account, but it's free to set up and you don't have to install anything else other than SteamVR with it. You'd just need to visit https://store.steampowered.com/ and click on the Install Steam button at the top. You can then install SteamVR and launch AGKVR apps for testing.
Hubert BAYRE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2020 13:25 Edited at: 18th Jun 2020 13:32
in fact there is a folder into the agk vr distrib for only the lead motion device. (without vr helmet use). Program compilation is ok, but the demos don't run as expected...
There are a pdf documentation too.
I don't know where to contact the AppGameKit VR support team !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:52:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:52:28