Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBPro bizarre crashes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2020 15:38
Hi. Me again
Yesterday I decided to reinstall DBPro to have a clean build to work with.
My previously installment was full of plugins and I decided to install it again somewhere else to have two versions - one clean and one with the plugins (useful to reopen my projects that used them).
And then everything went wild...

I downloaded an old version - the first free one, that which needed to be activated via email. Then I downloaded the open source and overwritten it.
All OK.
Except for occasional crashes with no reason at all.
I went to the options, changed some settings - including the theme (for no reason).
Then when I closed it...

I tried to create a new file. It crashed when I clicked in the "name of project" field.
I tried to open options... It hanged and crashed.
I tried to edit editor.ini file, since options wasn't an option anymore. Nothing changed.
I uninstalled the new version.
It was at Program Files.

Then I went to my old installment, safely stored at C:\DBPRO, the one that worked flawlessly but had tons of unused plugins I was too lazy to uninstall manually...
Guess what happened?
The errors of the one I uninstalled now were present at my previously flawless installment. And in all the other 3 installments I had in my disk for backup (in case of one stop working for no reason).

All I want is crying

Let me be honest: open source DBPro sucks. The last version before it became open was good, but the open source was the first one that cause trouble. And it wasn't the first time, but it was the first time that the problems were propagated to my other versions.

Know what? All I wanted was a link to download the last free version before the open source or whatever that could allow me to run DBPro again.

Just that. I must have screwed something, I don't know what. Help me, please!
God is real - except if declared as integer.
Starshyne Emir
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2020 15:56
SOLVED!

The problem can be solved deleting Synergy Editor's key in the registry editor.

This is the location:
Computador\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synergy Editor - Dec 20 2014

Things come back to normal next time you open the application.

I believe this is the first time I solved my own request before the community was able to appreciate it. Thank you anyway. You rock.
God is real - except if declared as integer.
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2020 16:06 Edited at: 24th Jun 2020 16:08
I have been using my own version of DBPro downloaded from Google Code that thethinman rolled back to a semi previous version that I have corrected some additional issues and added functionality to myself. So I am not familiar with the code on GitHub or all the other corrupted versions since version 7.4.

Originally DBPro used windows registry settings, depending on what editor you are using you may have corrupted the registry. The best way to have multiple copy's is to have them in the same folder under a different name and then alter the folder name to reflect what version you want to use.
Hannibal
Years of Service
User Offline
I hadn't heard of the DBPro bizarre edition, is there a free demo download ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:49:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:49:58