Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [SOLVED] trouble exporting to android apk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello, im having trouble exporting my project to android. its only for personal use not the google store but no matter where i try to save the file it tells me " the output location must be a file not a directory". i was assuming it was looking for an apk file to save it to?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 27th Jun 2020 17:27
Quote: "i was assuming it was looking for an apk file to save it to?"

it is. are you changing it from the default Output File Location? either way, it should end with the file extension or you will receive that error message.
IE, "C:\MyFolder\MyFile.APK" (case doesn't matter)

dandrews
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
thanks for responding virtual nomad... yes i have it saving in my folder as myproject.apk but now its saying it must contain at least one dot character?
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 27th Jun 2020 19:50 Edited at: 27th Jun 2020 19:52
see attached?

beyond that, i'm not sure what might be going on.

are you on Classic or Studio?
dandrews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2020 21:25 Edited at: 28th Jun 2020 19:14
ohh i see now.... thank you! i didnt have any dot characters in the package name. i was thinking it was referring to the name in the directory i was saving it into.... and it is appgamekit studio
all though it didnt work on my phone, mt friends phone, or in bluestacks...it makes us search google or says there was a problem parsing file. So I changed the package name from my.project to my_project_app and it works now! So it doesn't like the . Dot character I guess lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:56:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:56:57