Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] Blender export to AGK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2020 20:46
Hi,

Do you know of any Good youtube video about Setting Up, creating a 3d object, texturing it and exporting 3d Object from Blender 2.79?

There should really be a link to How to create an object in Blender, with setting up the material necessary for it to work in AGK. I am banging my head left and right to find this info and i am being sent left and right without clear explanation anywere!

I have check all Blender treads here and they either are very old (2019) or have their photos and videos taken down. Thanks!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2020 20:58
I have renamed the thread.
Next time please choose a short name that summarises your question. Don't put you entire post in the thread title.
GOTO HelloWorld!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2020 00:38
Well, i am not really searching for an 'exporter'. I am looking for a set of settings (maybe a list of actions to do, as in a video tutorial would be perfect) that we would need to set in Blender so our 3d objects would work in AGK. Creating a Blender exporter is a complex task for indie programmers so i am not asking for actual exporter. Of course if that would come to exist i would even be willing to pay for one! But thanks, i will be more careful next time.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2020 06:16
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Well the way u export an object depends on the file type you are exporting and what you want the file to do.

for .x files only
Create objects
If movable part separate into new objects (p)
go into Blender render for exporting make sure materials and textures are applied
Unwrap you models and parts properly!
If more then 2 objects select all objects then the main object. press ctrl+p (set to parent)
go into options search for .x enable exporter
select.x to export
Thats pretty much it. You can then loadwithchildren get textures names and apply texture or used a baked image
This method imports texture names bones, animations, and face textures, only one beside dae ive had good luck with. dae fbx .x 3ds supports most the features.

GOTO HelloWorld!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2020 19:44
Thanks a lot Smerf! That's already way more to the point than everyone could answered me by now (after 3 weeks).

Poeple are so daze by this that they try all kind of things to make it work (like mesh texture instead of object texture) and you can see this is a major point. I personally bought all the GameGuru DLC's in order to have 3d Characters and 3d objects. Sadly not many 3d Characters in DLC's...

Anyway, thanks again, that is deeply appreciated!

Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2020 20:28
I always export as .OBJ files and then use MilkShape to convert them to .X
Lupo4mica37
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "This method imports texture names bones, animations, and face textures, only one beside dae ive had good luck with. dae fbx .x 3ds supports most the features."

smerf, how are you able to export .dae with all animation and able to texture in AppGameKit? I was not able to do that. Without animations it worked fine the texturing, but with animation, I am unable to texture the models.

Can you assist please?

Also the newest version of Blender does not support export to .X, despite 2.6 does. I have both for that matter, unless someone has specific add ons for the newer version to be able to export to .X. If you have link, please share.

Thank you.
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2020 02:12 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2020 02:23
Here is a simple animation using Blender's default box and just spinning it around, exported with .DAE defaults.

edit - not sure if the attachments went through so trying a zip here...

edit again - sorry just seeing the texture bit and please ignore me I'm slightly off after the Raptors game tonight and didn't read your post fully...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lupo4mica37
Years of Service
User Offline
Hehe, it's OK jd_zoo, I don't sleep much either, so I understand.

Thank you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:51:29
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:51:29