Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / New to 3D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am making a card app in 2D but I'd like to switch to 3D. I have never worked with 3D before. Are there any good tutorials out that that I could use AppGameKit to learn how to do stuff? All I want to do is make some cards on a flat plane and flip or move them around. Nothing too fancy. I checked the pinned thread but all of those links are super old and don't work anymore (it should be unpinned or updated).
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2020 20:05 Edited at: 19th Jul 2020 04:29
some time ago, i had a small part in some multiplayer functionality for LD Cribbage (a DBPro offering that i was addicted to playing for quite a while) . i'll look for the code this week and see what i can bring to AGK.

and, i'll see what i can do re: the threads/links that you mentioned, as well.

finally, we do need 3d tutorials. my experience there is limited to this which i've since tweaked and hope to re-visit some day (maybe when this bullet issue is resolved). a few tutorials will give us a jump-start in the right direction.

add: i found that it was actually a 2D "LD Blackjack" game we were testing for multiplayer
[My Itch.io Home]
[CODE lang=AGK] Your Code Here [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VideoID [/VIDEO]
frosty45
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reply. Don't work too hard on my behalf. All I really want to do is put 1 card on the screen for now that can rotate to the back. These are not a standard deck of cards, its some informational cards someone physically created and wants to put them into an app. I'm trying to accomplish this for them. Each card is different even on the back. I have the 2D version working just fine. Lots of experience there. But the 2D makes the cards feel lifeless and I wanted to try 3D.

In the 2D app, I layer images/text to create each card. I'm not sure if I can do this in 3D. It doesn't seem to work the same. I have just been experimenting. The mesh image seems to be the way to go, but it doesn't quite load right.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 18:29:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 18:29:24