Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / BrainFlip - puzzle game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2020 10:43 Edited at: 26th Jul 2020 10:51
Currently pusblishing on the PlayStore, waiting for google to validate it.
Meanwhile, a watered down version (badly downscaled graphisms) is playable on itch.io, here:
https://kamashin.itch.io/brainflip

The game is very simple, yet seems pretty addictive and requires a bit of thinking. You have to flip elements by clicking on them on the game board to copy the model in the upperscreen. However, an element will flip it's adjacent elements with itself. The rotation of the elements is shown in the top part of the screen.
Easy and hardcore modes have a cancel button. Easy and normal modes gives you a fixed number of moves left which is also the exact number of moves you need to win. Hardcore doesn't have a moves limit but doesn't tell you how many moves are required so you can mess things up a lot (which is why it is hardcore mode).
Winning will increase the difficulty of the game (more elements / more moves needed, ...)
I will come back to this post when the apk is available on the playstore.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2020 13:46 Edited at: 26th Jul 2020 13:56
Pretty cool game, but a bit difficult at first, even on Normal difficulty.

I had a hard time reading the text because it was so small. (see first pic)

But, I finally managed to figure the game out after 3 fails. (I should have read your instructions above first, but I just dove in the deep end)

For some reason itch.io is not displaying it right on my end, and this is the first time I have seen the screen like this. (even refreshed but still the same thing)

Suggestion would be a timer for an impossible mode (maybe a bonus level if hardcore victories add up), because this does require a bit of thought before each move.

Well Done, and congratulations on getting your first AppGameKit game done. (assuming your first based on join date and badges)

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
KamaShin
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, it's actually my 2nd game with AGK.
I noticed itch.io doing something weird with the resolution of the game, and i don't why either. Game works really fine on phone and tablet though, so i'm waiting for the apk release on google store.
I thought about the timer thing but this would become a really impossible mode
The 1st 5 to 7 hardcore can really be done with a bit of practice but then get significantly harder.
Thank you for the feedbacks.
KamaShin
Years of Service
User Offline
I think I found out why the resolution was all jumbled and corrected it, it should now be a lot better
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2020 22:31
Looks very cool. Nice colourful graphics
KamaShin
Years of Service
User Offline
Android version finally accepted by Google
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kamashin.brainflip

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 19:13:19