Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Future of 3D in AGK Studio

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

Following the recent events from thegamecreators lab I was truly shocked to find out that new incarnation of GameGuru will run Wicked engine under the hood. I see that as a very smart move for couple of reasons, but I am wondering if there is similar idea for AppGameKit Studio version as well? We have to face the fact that, although having some great functionalities (commands) for 3D, AppGameKit really sucks with visuals. Vulkan sounded very nice during studio beta campaign but, that really change nothing to us, keeping the fact that so many things are still missing: pbr, advanced lighting (bloom), 3d scene editor, etc. Also having option only to have cpp shaders is a headache for a basic programers not willing to deal with advance math.

As a AppGameKit Studio user, I am asking TGC's team, what is the future of AppGameKit regarding 3D capabilities?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:06:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:06:16