Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Ability to FTP?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2020 19:50
Is there an ability to FTP or transfer files to and from a server?
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2020 21:44 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2020 21:50
Maybe GetHTTPFile()
There are a couple of commands to monitor the progress as well
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2020 00:45 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2020 00:47
@blinkOk ~ Thanks!
I haven't tried it yet but will report back when I do. Also found, "SendHTTPFile".
Furord
Years of Service
User Offline
There is no FTP, it is a big inconvenience for some things.
Yes, you can upload things to a server, but you cannot delete or modify what already exists. I created a program to upload photos and it worked fine until they removed the command "setRawWritePath". There are alternative commands, but I have to modify a lot of code to get it working again.
To modify the images and delete them, I use a program made with darkbasic pro on the PC.
Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2020 16:11
If you don't mind using a DLL (which will of course limit the portability of your software) you could take a look at the WinAPI FTP functions on msdn. That's surely one of the simplest options.

If not, you could write a barebones FTP routine that establishes a TCP connection to a server (relatively easy with sockets) and does the file transfers via that socket. It's a plaintext protocol which makes things simpler. Warning, may only be an appropriate option if you're a nerd like me who likes to spend time understanding and implementing systems...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Transfer_Protocol
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc959 - RFC containing everything you need to know about FTP
2002 - Present

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 22:00:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 22:00:43