Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9] Infiltration - Short little WW2 game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 5th Aug 2020 20:49 Edited at: 6th Aug 2020 19:55
Infiltration
A game by cambreaKer (a.k.a. ScooT9 really bad name)

Story:
You are Pvt. McGun, and you are sent to a Nazi headquarters building. Your mission is to eliminate everyone inside, find and grab top secret intel documents and finally after you're done, escape with a car that's parked near the building.

Description:
This is a very short WW2 themed game, completion time is min. 5 minutes, with only 1 level. You get 3 weapons along the way, a pistol, an MP40 submachine gun, and a sniper rifle.
Game is challenging, with enemies patrolling near the building, rooms full of enemies and snipers on top of walls. Be careful out there, private, and good luck.
Also, the game was just made in 1-2 hours, so don't expect as much effort as in my other game, Project M.I.K.U.T. or my other upcoming game, Operation Hunter!

Screenshots:

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/184vnPo7tIPlbvrpLa7-MiE4zWJwyJH5S/view?usp=sharing

I hope you will enjoy the game!

Also a little fun fact for those who didn't know or didn't notice - the entire map was based on a promo screenshot from an early version of FPSC!

hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2020 21:54
ScooT9
Quote: "(a.k.a. ScooT9 really bad name)"

Why is that a bad name I like it
Downloading now. I'll let you know how it goes.
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2020 21:57
i just don't like it and want to change it but the forums don't let me change it so i'm stuck with a name that i have used in 2015-2017
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons

Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
The plot feels familiar, hmm.....

(Mission 1 of OSS?)
Medal of Honor
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2020 10:18 Edited at: 6th Aug 2020 10:22
I finished it Kinda resambles my first attempts to make an fpsc game, but it's stills very playable for a project made just in few hours Imo you really need to pay more attention to optimization, despite using only stock media, and being not very detailed map, I got horrible fps drops. In project mikut I got fps around 26 - 34, but in this one, when you spawn your army it dropped below 20 ;p I'm playing all fpsc games on 5 year old laptop, but still - even Wolf's games with very good graphic and detailed levels got WAY better optimization But it was nice to see a promo screenshot coming to life
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2020 10:39
ScooT9 Like Ghost_Lol I was able to finished it but with terrible frame rates. I suggest only spawn enemies when player is close by.
I have a feeling too many are spawned way ahead of time, and fade out the ones that are dead.
What I did like is the way you have to work your way up the building fighting enemies along the path
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2020 18:14 Edited at: 6th Aug 2020 19:59
Thanks all for your opinions! I kinda regret not paying much attention to optimizing the game, i've only done triggers which spawn enemies when the player enters a certain floor.
Maybe i'll make a new version of the game with better optimization in the future.
However, don't worry, Operation Hunter (that game which i have shown screenshots of in FPSC's discord server) has much better optimization and runs fine (25-35 FPS)
Also, don't compare me to Wolf, they definitely have much much more experience in FPSC than i do
Pvt.Dan That's the only plot i could think of with such a map

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 06:54:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 06:54:14