Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / No sound from HTML5 page

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2020 22:19 Edited at: 5th Sep 2020 23:57
I am creating a game and I'm using a sound track for the game.

It works fine on Android and Windows but I get no sound on the HTML 5 from the webpage:
http://redmanresearch.com/Space/Space5D.html

I'm using an .ogg file, since mp3 is deprecated. I have not tried mp3 since it is going away.
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2020 22:51 Edited at: 9th Sep 2020 22:55
I think you may need to have an MP3 version of your program for exporting to HTML5, I have yet to try this myself but would be interested to find out if that solves your problem. I did come across this when setting up music:

Quote: "The old music commands have been deprecated in favour of the new OGG music commands (except on HTML5). The new commands require files compressed with OGG Vorbis, but will work on all platforms, support multiple music files playing at the same time, and allow seamless looping.

On HTML5 the old music commands have better performance than the newer commands."

source: https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Music.htm

Edit - This looks really cool! I can hear radio chatting about something, are those WAV files or is that the OGG playing? I'm using Chrome on Windows.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2020 00:13 Edited at: 10th Sep 2020 00:20
Quote: " I have not tried mp3 since it is going away."

i don't think it's going away anytime soon but this thread suggests that .ogg use is iffy, as you already know, but i use it for music in html, myself.

that same thread suggest trying different .ogg specifications. i tried your link and heard silence. if the in-game music works for you in P3, the specs are 32 bit stereo @ 44100 Hz and worth a shot

add, actually, i can't say "i heard nothing" because i tried it again and realized the page is still trying to execute (the viewport remained black while beating on my hard drive for "long enough"). is that page more than a simple "play music" test?
[My Itch.io Home] | [#LowRezJamAGK2020]
[AGK Resource Directory] | [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] Your Code Here [/CODE] | [VIDEO=youtube] VideoID [/VIDEO]
Lokto
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
After a full minute of waiting for the app to finally load and still no end in sight, I closed it out.

My suggestion is that you gut out the part you are having problems with and post only that - the music playing section - to the web. It will make troubleshooting much easier and much faster.
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2020 16:24
@Virtual Nomad ~ changing to mp3 works. Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 11:23:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 11:23:09