Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / AGK and Pi 4

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2020 15:09
Hi All,

I realise I'm in a minority, however - an official Pi 4 version would be great.

I did email TGC and received a reply stating they are too busy, which is fair enough.

So before I ditch AppGameKit ( and my products) does anyone here have any advice?

Thanks for any feedback.

Diolch!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2020 18:07
Quote: "does anyone here have any advice?"

Not trying to sound like a wise guy, and you did ask if anyone has any advice, so please do not get mad at me for sating this, but...

If that version of Pi is not supported and unknown when it will have support, then you may want to simply use a version that is supported.

I meant to explore the Rasberry Pi aspects of AppGameKit but never got around to getting a board to play with it, so sorry if I am not being much help.

But for me, if I were in your position (from the way it sounds) , I would not abandon my projects or AppGameKit, but would rather step back a board until the functionality does get there.

Just because they are too busy now with other things is not the same as them saying it will not happen, so it may be on the way at some point.

Probably lots to do with the other boards until then, and that work should be portable to the 4 right?

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Yeshu777
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2020 13:28
HI,

Thanks for the reply.

Totally agree - simply like would upgrade to Pi 4 with the current AppGameKit system I have in place ( as September was initially suggested from my correspondence )

I'm quite happy with c, c++, python, SFML, JME3.. assembly language..

Quite simply - and from what I gather - you can get AppGameKit running on Pi 4 with some recompiling, just would be good if TGC did an offical release.

All the best..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:45:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:45:51