Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark Physics] Third person strafe movement?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2020 04:23 Edited at: 16th Sep 2020 07:45
Title basically says it. I decided to bite the bullet and dive into learning Dark Physics, and Ive got gravity working and Ive got the character controller controlling my player avatar, but just one problem; There doesnt seem to be any good way to strafe left and right, or any way at all to make the player jump.

I managed to get a halfway decent strafing effect by rotating the player object left or right, applying the movement with PHY MOVE CHARACTER CONTROLLER (objectnumber),(speed) and then rotating them back all in one go, so you never SEE the player turn since they turn, move, and turn back all in one frame, but this seems clunky and inefficient. Is there any better way to achieve this?

And that works for strafing, but oddly not for jumping. I tried doing the same technique of rotating, applying the PHY MOVE CHARACTER CONTROLLER, and then roating back, and the character doesnt move.

Any ideas?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-19 04:33:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-19 04:33:34