Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / A working version of TerSculpt?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2020 19:13
Im trying to get my hands on a functional copy of TerSculpt, the heightmap sculpting tool that Van B made years ago. The only thing I was able to find was this thread here, but the download in that thread doesnt work for me.

If I compile and run TERSCULPT.DBPro, nothing happens. the Dark basic editor window minimizes as if its ABOUT to bring up the application, but then it just doesnt, and the editor window comes back up as if you had just exited out of a compiled program. Same result when running the compiled EXE directly

If I try doing the same thing with TERSCULPT_ENGINE.DBPro, it does open up an application window, but all I get is an empty black screen and a mouse cursor. Same goes for running the EXE directly for that one, too.

I saw in that thread I linked above that someone said they got an error because of a display mode used, but Ive searched through the code of all 3 dark basic code files included and cant find ANYTHING related to display, screen size, display modes, or anything like that.

If anyone has a working copy theyd be willing to upload, or if anyone knows what the issue is with the copy in the linked thread, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2020 06:17
its probably not an issue with your copy of terscuplt itself but with a missing dependancy.

try placing mscvp71.dll and mscvr71,dll in the folder that has the tersculpt.exe (attached)

projects which use certain of the matrix1 dlls need these files otherwise they exhibit this type of behavior.

Evolved's advanced lighting package also has a terrain sculpting demo project btw which is pretty great, but needs to be used with the rest of his shader framework
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 14th Oct 2020 10:50
I did get Tersculpt v2 working a while back, but had to modify the code somewhat was not right in places. I'll see if I can locate the working version I had.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 14th Oct 2020 13:18
ok, to get Tersculpt v2 working, replace all occurrences of rem$ to something like rm$. Also, update the windows resolutions to your desktop screen res e.g. I had to change mine to 1600x900x32 , see pic:
I also compiled all 3 programs.

if all ok, you should see:

Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2020 13:59

Whoa, that's a nice looking terrain app!!!

If it's cool with Van B, does anyone still have a Tersculpt zipfile handy, or has Van B pulled this product from the public entirely?

Send your parents to noisy sprite demo hell... enter the D-Zone
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 14th Nov 2020 22:08
Well I still have the zip file
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2020 05:22 Edited at: 16th Nov 2020 05:25
it was a free download, here is a copy. the exe runs right out of the box on my machine.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2020 15:27
Awesome!!! Thanks!!! Can't wait to try this out!!
Should go nicely with the cloud particle system I've been working on.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2020 22:21

BoTR!!!!

Dude, it works great! And I can even import heightmaps to get a quicker start on a rough draft terrain.
I have no idea how I managed to overlook this app all this time.

Thanks for making this gem!!
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 19th Nov 2020 08:59 Edited at: 19th Nov 2020 09:00
I take no credit , this is all Van B's work, I merely had to update the code/editor settings to get it to work on my PC. it's a fantastic bit of software. Hat off to Van B
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2020 02:22

Whoops... sorry VanB!!! I think I actually read he was the author prior to the sunset of my brain.

This is what happens when I drink an entire can of FourLoko!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:35:55
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:35:55