Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Problem updating executable in another folder?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been trying to test my executable in a different folder than the development directory and cannot seem to get it to update the executable unless I delete and recreate the test folder. Both drag-and-drop and copying/pasting from the clipboard appear to work, updating the executable time stamp and file size in the test folder to match the development folder, but when I try to run the test copy none of my changes are there? I've even tried first deleting the executable from the test folder before copying the new executable from the development folder and it still runs the old version. I can only seem to update the executable if I first delete it. I have this problem both on the development machine and on a different system I'm using for testing; both run windows 10. I have no such trouble updating a Visual Studio executable in the very same test folder. Can anybody explain why this is happening only to this AppGameKit executable?

And for bonus points, can somebody clarify what the Compile button actually does? It's not producing an executable on my system; I have to use the Run button for that purpose. Does it do anything the Run button doesn't?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2020 00:58
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
hey, ron. THIS might be what you're looking for?
[My Itch.io Home] [#LowRezJamAGK2020]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
Ron2019
Years of Service
User Offline
Copying bytecode fixed it, thanks! Because none of the media changed, I'd only been copying the executable.

Thanks, again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:40:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:40:51