Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / ColorMatch - an RGB challenge

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2020 12:43

This started as a test app to make a smooth set of sliders. A couple hours later, it ended up a game. Enjoy!

Link: Google Play Store

AppGameKit Classic makes it so easy to rapidly create prototypes and simple one-off apps. For a hobbyist like me, it makes game development even more fun.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2020 20:47 Edited at: 6th Oct 2020 20:48
I played it for a while.
It is a nice idea. Well done!
I suggest more precise control of the slider (may a couple o buttons)
It is not clear, after the match, which RGB values are the target and which are the guess (left or right?)
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2020 21:28

"I suggest more precise control of the slider (may a couple o buttons)"
Good idea. A set of arrow buttons on each end that move by 1 for fine tuning.

"It is not clear, after the match, which RGB values are the target and which are the guess (left or right?)"
Hmm... you've got a point there, too. Jotting these down. If this gets some downloads, I'll do an update and add these two.

Thanks for the feedback!
Lupo4mica37
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2020 20:44 Edited at: 7th Oct 2020 20:46
Hi Loktofeit,

This is really bad, and I don't mean the game, the actual search on Google Play for this application. What I am trying to say and I know this is not a serious project, but even after typing the exact title of the game "ColorMatch" does not come up in the search unless I input the name of the creator of the application. This is a problem for more serious projects done in AGK. If people cannot find the application, then how can they even consider using it. I am writing this more in the sense of a bigger picture, not concerning this app, but for the future of AppGameKit made material. I personally don't know how this ad thing works to make an application even to be considered in the main search after typing in the exact name of the application, none of which has that name on the list?

As for the game, it is a really good idea, and in fact, I suggest this is not even a game, but a very good mobile phone tool to help choose colors and know the parameters for the RGB, so in the case you could please include the actual values that are being changes for each RGB color, then I will use this as a tool myself. As a game, it is damn difficult game! Also as suggested, the +/- buttons are essential for precision, which will aid also the tool side of this game.

Thank you for this tool.

PS I just pressed the Match button, and then it compares the values, so yeah, this could work both ways, as a game and a tool, cause the next color in the case you don't get it correct, is generated new.
????????
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2020 01:31
"This is really bad, and I don't mean the game, the actual search on Google Play for this application. What I am trying to say and I know this is not a serious project, but even after typing the exact title of the game "ColorMatch" does not come up in the search unless I input the name of the creator of the application." - Lupo4mica37

It's funny that you should mention that because I just got done talking with dev support at Google about that. ANY new app is like that for the first week. It is in the system and if you type "ColorMatch" (with quotes) the app will show up. However for the next week colormatch without quotes will not show the title.

Obviously, the exception is if you piled on some paid advertising, but that's a topic for another thread.
Lupo4mica37
Years of Service
User Offline
Good to know about that Loktofeit.

Quote: "Obviously, the exception is if you piled on some paid advertising, but that's a topic for another thread. "

I hope you will share your knowledge, cause that is I would say part of the strategy to get people to know about the application, whatever the app. As long as the app has much potential, then initial investment could pay back many times fold. Obviously, it's always a risk.
????????
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2020 10:59

"I hope you will share your knowledge..."

It's not a secret or anything. Buying Google Ads drives up traffic, which drives up relevance, which gets you automagically listed in the searches sooner.
Lupo4mica37
Years of Service
User Offline
Hehe, thanks.
????????

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:05:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:05:32