Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / SetViewOffset vs Sprite Depth Range = Choppy performance?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2020 21:40 Edited at: 9th Oct 2020 21:44
Topic discussed @ Discord worth mentioning here for others:
TDavid/DavidLeBanal wrote: "
I've noticed something odd. My game is a top down tiled world. The user can pan the view using the mouse. To this effect, I use setviewoffset(). Everything is smooth except when the view is panning along the x axis at the top of the map.
It's like AppGameKit has trouble rendering areas where Y is negative.
I'll try to offset everything down to see if it changes something. But It's not going to be painless."

Quote: "Good news, offsetting everything didn't do anything. Still stuttering at the top of the map.
I'm going to see if my depth range isn't too much for agk.
Ok, my depth range was way too great. The sprites at the top of the map were going over 5000 and agk didn't like it"

Quote: "
Heavens "Have you set SetGlobal3DDepth(10000) ?"

DavidLeBanal "From 9 to 10, it's now buttery smooth even with 12000 64*64 drawn. Yep, SetGlobal3DDepth(10000). Great advice, though."

Point: beyond the above, there are good things going on at the AGK Discord Channel (which i think is lending toward a quieter Forum of late); it's worth your perusal
[My Itch.io Home] [#LowRezJamAGK2020]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2020 00:06
Good idea! Stuff gets lost on the discord channel

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:20:12