Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [Linux] How to fix a "/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found" error (Trial Version)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2020 17:54 Edited at: 14th Nov 2020 18:29
I don't know if this compilation bug effects the trial version of AppGameKit only or the full version (as I haven't purchased it yet) but if when using the AppGameKit IDE debugger you get the error
Quote: "/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found"

you can solve the problem with the following steps:

1. Go to https://curl.se/download/ and download the latest version of curl (7.73 at time of writing).
2. Extract the archive you just downloaded (it will create its own folder wherever you extract it).

3. Change directory into the extracted folder and run the configure script.

4. Run cmake on the current directory (you may have to install cmake first).

(The '.' is important, it specifies the current directory.)
5. Run make on the current directory.

6. We need to overwrite /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 so let's make a backup of it just in case

7. Now you will find a newly created "libcurl.so" file in the lib directory. Copy it to /usr/lib overwriting libcurl.so.4.

Now AppGameKit should compile. You will get a new error: "no version information available" but it doesn't seem to cause any problems, and I ran a system update before posting to check this fix did not break curl.
Linux|AGK|DBC
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2020 21:28
Hi,

This is fixed in the latest paid version. At some point we will need to update the trial.
Development Director
TGC Team

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:44:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:44:17