Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Version 2020.11.16

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2020 14:40
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC downloads area with the following changes

* Fixed a bug causing AGKVR DLC to show a black screen on the headset with some GPUs
* Calling the Mod command with a divisor of 0 will now return 0
* Fixed auto-generated tangents being incorrect on triangles with a normal equal to -1 in the Y direction
* Fixed image corruption and quality reduction on iPad Mini 5th Gen and iPad Air 3rd Gen
* Fixed video duration not resetting to 0 immediately after a LoadVideo call on Android
* In app purchases on Android that fail to verify will now be ignored instead of causing an unrecoverable error during IAP setup
* Fixed a crash on Android devices using the Adreno GPU when sending the app to the background
* Fixed a crash when using GetAppInstalled()
* Updated Firebase SDK to version 18.0.0 on Android
* Updated Chartboost SDK to version 8.1.0 on Android
* Updated AdMob SDK to version 19.5.0 on Android
* Removed Amazon Ads from the Google version of the Android player due to conflicts with Google's ad policy
* Removed Amazon Ads from Google APK export due to policy conflicts
* Fixed a memory leak when creating and deleting objects from height maps
* Fixed ShareFile and ShareImage on Android 10 and higher
* Fixed SaveSharedVariable commands for Android 10 but they will no longer work on Android 11 or higher due to file system restrictions
* Writing to raw: file paths outside the app write folder will not work on Android 11 or higher due to file system restrictions
* Fixed screen recording on Android 10 and above
* Increased the number of simultaneous HTTP connections on Windows from 2 to 8
* Fixed SetSyncRate always using mode 0 on Windows even if mode 1 is set
* Fixed frame rate not reaching the value requested with SetSyncRate on the latest version of Windows 10
* DrawLine, DrawBox, and DrawEllipse now accept colors with alpha values to draw partially transparent shapes
* Fixed DrawEllipse drawing small ellipses incorrectly
* Added code to allow In App Purchase promotions to be selected in iTunesConnect
* Fixed local notifications on iOS causing a crash if tapped when the app is not running
* Updated Android Tier 2 projects for Android Studio 4.1

Let me know if you have any problems
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
theblackbones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2020 17:08
Thanks !!!!!
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2020 21:58
Thanks alot....very nice.
Now I can recompile my stuff and upload a new version

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2020 11:47
Thank you Paul.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2020 18:14
Just to let you know that I've uploaded a new Mac version (2020.11.16b) that fixes a crash in exported iOS apps if they try to make a network connection without having networking permissions.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2020 21:31 Edited at: 17th Nov 2020 21:58
does this update catch Classic up to Studio where, at a glance, i don't see mention above of the items from Studio 2020.07.28 that would also apply to Classic?

IE, i see no help for SetSpriteBlendModes() other than the tool tip (while Studio offers THIS).

Online help for SetSpriteTransparency() in Classic hasn't been updated to what Studio offers, either:

is SetSpriteBlendModes() a studio-only command?
[My Itch.io Home] [Now Playing]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2020 22:55
SetSpriteBlendModes is a feature of the new renderer which would be more difficult to implement in the Classic renderer
Paxi
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahh cool thank you! Nice to see updates. I was going to ask where do I DL but I see it in my TGC downloads.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2020 01:00
Can GetHTTPFile be changed to allow for any file extension please? If you pass through a file extension that isn't known it downloads a 0kb file and crashes the app. Let's say we've created a PacMan type game called ZacMan and we're uploading levels to a server for users to download (using GetHTTPFile) then it would be nice to have our own extensions on those level files i.e. level100.zm. This becomes more important when users create levels and upload them to another location and share them to other users. It would look nicer if the file they were sharing ended with zm instead of say json, or txt etc.

I don't want it for sharing levels but seemed easier to talk about that seeing as AppGameKit is used mainly for games. I'm going to let users create content in the app which they can upload to different sites for other users to download and use.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
ThePict
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2021 09:20 Edited at: 5th Jan 2021 10:19
I wonder if it's possible to offer a [concise] Dictionary definition within my word game? I have edited and proof-read my list of words used (all only 5 letters long) from the full 8000+ scrabble words list, down to 3500+ common usage words, and added a lot of proper nouns such as common names (eg Alice, David) countries (eg China, Ghana) and so on bringing my list up to 6112 words so far. My project is looking good, but my playtesters all complain there are words they have never heard of. I have explored open-source dictionary resources, but struggle to integrate them into my AppGameKit written games. It would be nice, and educational, to add a feature of click on the word, and a short definition appears. Any ideas anyone?
Edit: Found a possible solution, but it will not be as smooth as I imagined, though it will require no work at all, so most likely will be the way I go.
In AppGameKit the command OpenBrowser("https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define%20water#cns=1") will do a "Google Define:" for water, opening it in a separate browser. SOLVED!
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2021 01:45
@ThePict - nice work. I wonder if there's some way to get the output of that page, instead of opening it in a browser. Then you could parse it for the info you need and display it as part of the game.
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2021 01:48
@Paul Johnston - are we ever going to see a functional "SaveObject()" command for AppGameKit Classic Tier 1?
kozma_11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2021 18:45
Would it be possible to check the latest version available for download? I'm using AGKV2 on Mac and use the link to download version 2020.11.16c but when I open it, it says in the About section that it's version 2020.11.16b. I'm having problems creating an APK file (failed to save icon error) so hoping the "c" version might fix this?

Thanks,
John
El Presidente

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:45:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:45:53