Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Admob ads not showing on Amazon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I am having trouble getting Admob ads to display on the Amazon version of my app. They display perfectly on the google play version.

I have double-checked the following:
- Using the correct admob ID on the compile dialog box in APK studio
- Setting up an App on the admob site with platform of Amazon store
- Using the exact package name on the admob App that I use in the Amazon Store submission, and also using this on the compile dialog box on AppGameKit studio
- Calling SetAdMobDetails using the correct ad unit in the code.
- Calling CreateAdvertEx using the same parameters that work with the google version
- Calling SetAdvertVisible (1) and RequestAdvertRefresh() just for good measure
- Compiling the App with APK type set to "Amazon" (also tried with APK type set to "Google" but it seems to make no difference)
- Waited well over 24 hours for the admob app setup to bed in

I am at a loss to know what to try next! Any ideas welcome

Thanks.
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2020 16:42
Are you using the latest version of AppGameKit Studio. If so, this part of that update may be the problem:

* Removed Amazon Ads from the Google version of the Android player due to conflicts with Google's ad policy
* Removed Amazon Ads from Google APK export due to policy conflicts

Try compiling with a previous version and see if you are having the same issue.
IanMLondon
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah interesting, thanks for the tip. I am using the Steam version so I'm not sure I can get an older version. However perhaps the easiest route is to just remove it from the Amazon store. As long as I have it on google and IOS.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 06:32:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 06:32:07