Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] No Media / folder Showing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2020 09:13
Hi again, I've taken one of the example codes (adding fog) and adapted it for my own use - hopefully a train model, which renders.. however for some unknown reason no media is showing in the studio version.. not even a media folder listed, but exists in the folder of the project as does the byte code.. Please refer to attachments. Could someone possible assist.. Thanks. Guessing user error...

Attachments

Login to view attachments

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

IanDunn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2020 09:23
Odd, seems to only occur when I start the application from the desktop.. if I click on the Train Model.agk file in explorer (xplorer2) file manager then the media is correctly displayed (seems not to know where the media folder is via desktop start?), also now if I close and then restart the studio via the desktop as I usually do then also the media is correctly displayed. Not sure if a bug or user error.. ?
IanDunn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2020 10:21
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Treating it as user error as hasn't happened again..
Hardyx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2020 22:40
I have the same issue with the same AppGameKit Studio version (2020.11.12) in Windows 10. The media folder is there in the project, but it's not displayed in the Project Window.
But I can't see the folder opening the project in the explorer too. I have the Steam version. In Mac version works OK, and works OK in the Windows demo version (?).
I tested with many example projects and I create a new project in another folder, but no media folder is displayed.
I deinstalled the program and reinstalled again, but I have the same issue.

Project screenshot is attached:
Hardyx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2020 15:58 Edited at: 25th Dec 2020 16:31
Good news, I can see the media folder again. I think it's a permissions or conflict problem, because I opened the IDE with "Windows 7" compatibility activated and works. Then I opened normal (in Win 10), without any compatibility check and the media folder is still there in the project window. I hope this can help if anybody has this problem. Merry Christmas!!
IanDunn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2021 19:51
This doesn't seem to occur on the very latest version of appgamekit - so suspect it's been fixed (not that the change log shows it).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:48:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:48:06