Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / APP Game Studio needs a 'Color chooser'..

Author
Reviewed AGK on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2020 05:39 Edited at: 27th Dec 2020 05:54
When using the rgb command, it would be nice to have a Color chooser to know what numbers to put in this command:
This command could be added to the 'tools' menu ('Color chooser')
By pressing that link a color spectrum would be opened, and the operator could move around within the color spectrum and choose a color he likes.
Then, all he need do is copy the 3 colors of the color spectrum he wants, and put it in this command... integer MakeColor( red, green, blue )

For instance, in the png file I have included, it a person wanted a certain shade of yellow, he would insert the following numbers into the command.
The command would then read

MakeColor (250, 244, 52)

Red - the red component of the color
Green- the green component of the color
Blue- the blue component of the color

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
@Bubba
Agree to that, can be handy.
Same way you drag-n-drop and image, and it auto create the loadimage, something simular can be done with the Color Chooser

Currently I'm using Freeware Colorcop.. works good sofar

Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2020 15:26

@Bubba Agreed. I just switched over to AppGameKit Studio from AGK2 so with the loss of the color chooser I have been using the one in Windows PowerToys. If you're using Windows, this might come in handy:
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-activate-and-use-color-picker-in-windows-10-powertoys/
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2020 17:18
I've never used it., but a feature added to the AppGameKit Studio IDE was a "Variable Tweaker UI"
It allows you to set a Variable as something you can change during (Debug?) Runtime including the UI to use, such-as Sliders.

These are also available in the Scene Editor (which again I've used maybe once)
The help should cover how to use said features.

With this said., personally I always have Photoshop CS open... as it lists RGB / HSL / Hex / etc.
Which is really useful when working with the RGB Command, or directly setting the value, or setting a colour in a Shader and keeping them the same.
ruckertheron
Years of Service
User Offline

I made a simple color palette for my world editor. If anybody is interested in how that part is coded feel free to ask.. It isnt rocket science anyway lol.. Speaking of does any one know how to make the full data show in the data box?
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2021 18:22
@Loktofeit thank you for reminding me about the PowerToy for this!!!!

In the spirit of sharing, I found this nice palette online somewhere and keep it handy for quick demos or mock-ups.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:44:21
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:44:21