Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2020 18:18
Hello everyone. I wanted to take advantage of the vacation time to present the project I am working on. This is my first attempt at a 3d game in agk, and it is not being easy to understand all the calculations behind all this.
It is a very very very early version, I would say that it would be v0.0.1
but it is already "visible", and I would like you to comment on the performance on your pc, since in my old school, without a 3d accelerator it goes to 60/90 and I don't know if it will improve on another pc with an accelerator (although I suppose it will)

wasd and mouse keys
F1 activates deactivates fog (for tests)
right mouse button activates deactivates minimap (with minimap activated you cannot move)

by the way it has no name (in case you can think of one)

Thank you very much and happy Christmas.
using AppGameKit V2 tier 1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2021 21:08 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2021 01:32
pamercomov,

i understand that you're new to this so i don't believe that you made the licensed assets available intentionally but i recognize some of them (including graphics from the giant asset pack) and looked up some of the sound files and know they shouldn't be exposed in the media folder as you have included them.

i've removed the download and suggest that you continue the project and share your progress via youtube or similar until you are able to replace media that you have the right to share or encrypt the media somehow to make it less accessible.

further, you should also review the license at soundsnap and ensure that you are in compliance, there.

finally, there is a current thread involving asset encryption HERE. hopefully, you will find it helpful

add: i did give it a play and i want to see more

i tried to record play but since it's fullscreen, it wouldn't (with bandicam). next version, consider a maximized window? otherwise, ~70 FPS on my outdated pc, ~120 on my new but low-end laptop.

also, .dds? is this tier 2?

add. again: i assumed you were new to AppGameKit since i didn't recognize your username but have since reviewed your thread history and see otherwise. ie, you should have known better. please don't do it again.
[My Itch.io Home] [Now Playing]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
pamercomov
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2021 08:57 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2021 10:05
thanks for the warning virtual nomad.
I am quite a newbie from what I see.
I really thought I had replaced all licensed assets with opensource models from the FPS creator. I'm going to do a thorough review of the assets again.
As for the sounds, I use the opensource from sonniss.com, or so I thought.
I'm sorry. I'm going to check them again and see if I can share again at some point, with the progress ...

The .DDS are the textures that the fpsc models had that I have not deleted from the media folder (I think there is the error, maybe I have not deleted some model or texture that I no longer use in the game ??).

It will not happen again.

edit1. :
I just did a test to record a video and well, it seems that it has gone well on this old computer, I upload it to youtube in case anyone is curious.

Thank you very much virtual nomad and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

using AppGameKit V2 tier 1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2021-04-10 23:27:13
Your offset time is: 2021-04-10 23:27:13