Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Strange HUD bug

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2021 18:46
Hello all,

Many years since I posted here, but I'm working on a (slightly weird) project that can best be realised on FPSC so here I am.

Basically: my HUDs have lost all colour. Any new level only produces black and alpha channels. PNG, DDS, TGA - doesn't matter, they all go dark.

This has come about quite randomly and suddenly. To the best of my knowledge, the only thing I have done between when all was working fine, and this happening, was do a test BuildGame.

Attached is a before and after of the problem. I am totally lost as to what has caused this. Weirdly, running the backup copy of FPSC I have from my external HDD produced the same problem, so it might be some .ini setting that has been tampered with somewhere? I don't know. At least this rules out a hardware setting on my end. Perhaps even weirder still, in isolation the level where the 'Before' image is taken from still presents colourful HUDs, even now... but even removing all segments and entities and keeping the same 'file' so to speak, ruins the HUDs. Identical scripts, settings, etc. What has changed?

Searches have revealed no similar issues. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 5th Jan 2021 22:17
i have never encountered such issue, so i'm afraid i can't help with that.
however maybe you'll get help faster in the FPSC discord server https://discord.gg/uSVey7EHhG
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2021 23:20
@Aarchduke Its probably a simple fix if this just started. And also on another install you have same results.
What versions are you running? Your graphics card, did you make any changes for certain games/apps ?
Does this happen when running a test or only when making a build?
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **
Aarchduke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2021 09:36
Simple is an understatement.

Turned out it was the new script missing 'hudreset' before defining the HUD - it was fine in other more finished levels because some other script did the job for it. But put it on its own, and RIP colours.

Bit overblown, sorry about that. Seemed cataclysmic at the time! Thank you both for your help either way.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2021 23:24
Great, good to hear cheers mate
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 07:16:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 07:16:59