Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Advanced Lighting by Evolved Update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2021 07:05
For those that are interested I thought I would let you folks know that Evolved has updated his Advanced Lighting project about a week ago, they don't happen very often but I check regularly(usually) so I felt letting folks know on here might be of some use. Cheers
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2021 00:02
Dang, I'll have to check it out, it's amazing he is still expanding on it all these years, and even more amazing all the things he has been able to do with it
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2021 01:27
Yeap, although to be fair I have fallen behind significantly ever since a couple of updates before the first time the occlusion client was introduced and that is going back a fair whack now! I mean obviously I know how to use it(made much easier now with the provided help files) but it is so complex that it can be really hard to follow outside of usage, in fact for me, as i haven't really touched previous updates much, even with help files it will be a task and a half! I still struggle with shaders as it is!

I haven't looked at it properly yet - it will distract me from some other stuff way to easily lol but I have checked it out vaguely, in as much as have compiled and ran(2 of the exe's it comes with show up as black screen still so i have to lower res to 1024,768 to see it...but this is the case with previous versions - I don't recall which ones previously but this time around it is the terrain project and the trees project). I may be remembering incorrectly but i could swear there are some fairly significant speed improvements on the animation side this time round. Previously it would drop fps massively and periodically on my rig but this time round nowhere near as much although i have not run it for long enough to be certain. There also appear some changes in help files. TGC take notes...this chap maintains his help files ;p

I bought AppGameKit latish last year and was fairly impressed, except that i am going to end up using Tier 2 for performance reasons, but just the other week I noticed the wicked engine for the first time even though it has been there for 17 months at least! Now if i had the stones to learn C++ I might be tempted to go that route, it looks really cool after a skim read, however me even looking into that would be like expecting a newborn to run either of our great nations, oh, uh wait, that might be a better option and a terrible comparison based on recent years lmao! https://github.com/TheGameCreators/WickedEngine
Can't help but wonder if this was done by WickedX user given his plugins where also mostly gfx based and user name, something of a wild wild guess I know lol I have the setup required for it(just need to install w10 etc) so i might give it a whirl someday just to check it out!
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:23:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:23:01