Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Hey, what's up; fellow developer's???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Dear friend's,

I was wondering if I could get some, help? I bought this a while ago actually I also have AppGameKit studio, with most of the package's for the classic.
When I first read that I could create for PC, Mobile, VR; I was very excited. I am very interested in making, video game's(but don't know how), I've played many game's and, guess what? I also have a youtube channel, and have many animation app's(pixel studio, and animation ultimate) they are so good.
Now that I have learned a little how to do animation's and pixel art; I was wondering if I could get a quick start on how to use this program?
Also wondering if AppGameKit studio, and classic use the same language?

Have a good night.
AGK student
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2021 16:50 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2021 01:30
hey, and welcome. check out these video playlists which include a series for Classic beginners. that's the best "quick start" i can think of.

otherwise, yes. studio and classic are 99% the same language with studio still being developed/having a few more commands.

finally, this is 1 of 3 recent posts for you where i can see you're eager to dig into all things AppGameKit and that's great. but, i do suggest approaching it slowly, starting with the vids referenced above, reviewing the documentation and command sets, looking at code found all over these forums, and all at casual pace
[My Itch.io Home] [Now Playing]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2021 16:52
Yes studio and classic use the same code base, just the IDE differs, I use both as I prefer the classic script editor and use studio for the scene editor.

Have you seen the book?? Hands On AGK

I have not read it myself but it looks like a great resource for beginners, these forums are also a gold mine of information but forum search sucks, use google to index the site (site:https://forum.thegamecreators.com/ mysearchterm)

You having experience in art and animation is a plus, most of us programmers are art dumb (maybe I speak for myself here lol)

Anyhow, welcome to AGK
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 28th Feb 2021 09:51
I started with appgamekit a few weeks ago and my advice would be to start with a small project that you can build upon as you start to learn new commands and techniques.

The first bit of code I wrote was to load a background and then a sprite which could be controlled by a mouse/touch screen.

One of the best features of Appgamekit is the ability to broadcast your game/app to a mobile device. This speeds up development considerably.
sprcoll
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,
a good start is to declare variables and use this to position sprites, something like posx = 100, posy = 500 and set these values to the setspriteposition command. Then use the an if condition and inc and dec to move the sprites. With this knowledge you can make many things.

Look at the AppGameKit Manual under Guides and read the getting started chapters.

Have fun.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 22:02:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 22:02:04