Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How to open DLC? P&T, friend's!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi friend's,

I hope you are having a good evening! I am new to AppGameKit and have yet to learn the language. Just wondering if you can help me a little bit so I can begin my GameDev Adv.
I would like to know first off, how do you open the DLC's; in the DLC tab? for example if I want to open "Game's pack 1", is it possible to have some assistance with this?
I don't know which file to use to open this, I tried to find the AppGameKit classic program and use that; I cannot find the original app icon though?
It was bought with steam and is very hard to locate.
Do I have to use a different program?

Thank you
AGK Student
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2021 16:11 Edited at: 1st Feb 2021 16:14
for the most part, selecting a DLC from within the IDE simply opens the folder where the DLC is "installed" on your PC.

IE, the Giant Asset packs along with the Sound Pack are simply folders full of media that you can load into your projects, as is.

Games Pack 1 does have a launch app (GamePack.exe) in the root folder that previews 10 of the included games when you run it. a total of 32 games or apps can be found in the /games folder. if i remember correctly, many of them require you to compile them yourself from the included Source Code which is the main reason the DLC exists (the code). the same applies to Games Pack 2.

the 3D Asset Pack has a model viewer in the 3DView folder. otherwise, the assets themselves are a number of models and textures found in a handful of folders.

otherwise, "libraries" such as the AGKVR or Shader Pack DLC will generally have PDF files for you to read/become familiar with along with project/code examples and DLLs where applicable.

selecting the Visual Editor will, again, simply open the file location where you can run the .exe to launch the program.

so, again, selecting the DLC from within the IDE simply opens the DLC locations where you'll either find folders full of assets or .exes (or both), ready to use. IE, think of the DLC tab in the IDE as a queue of Shortcuts to them. they won't "launch" anything, otherwise.

hope that helps. and, welcome
[My Itch.io Home] [Now Playing]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2021 10:02
Quote: "
I tried to find the AppGameKit classic program and use that; I cannot find the original app icon though? It was bought with steam and is very hard to locate.
"

It should be [YourSteamFolder]/SteamApps/Common/App Game Kit 2/Tier 1/Editor/bin/AGK.exe
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:55:26
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:55:26