Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / AGKPlayer on Amazon Firestick

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2021 13:06
Hi,
I was trying to find the AGKPlayer on my Firestick (newish 4K version).
It's not compatible, I also tried to side-load it, but it wouldn't install.

Is this due to restrictions on the Firestick store, or has it never really been requested before? If the player was able to run, would there be issue with getting it onto the Amazon app store if I wanted to target the Firestick?

My app will be running on an Android Box/iOS with HDMI Dongle or possibly a Firestick or similar. (It's not a game).

For the time being, I'm now running it on my Android Box that is connected to the TV (I've loads of tablets, but as the expected destination is a large screen TV, it made sense to check it out).
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2021 13:41
I would venture to say that it has to do with Amazon having tons of restrictions on their devices. They use Android has their backend, but it is heavily modified and restricted so that it mostly only runs applications they make money from on their store. This explains why they sell them for so cheap, and why they get such awful reviews. I haven't worked in mobile in a while, but all the companies I worked for never supported Amazon because of their weird closed-device policies. I don't think it has changed much since then...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us
JasonPC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2021 23:04
I can understand that - the Fire Tablets do work fine. It would be good know for sure.

I'm fairly miffed as a picked up the 4K Firestick and found a few months later it doesn't support Dolby Atmos... the new version does. But its fine for Netflix/Prime Video and I guess that's what the majority use it for. My Cheap(ish) Android TV Box runs fine with AppGameKit and my app.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:13:11
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:13:11