Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [STICKY] AppGameKit Studio Version 2021.02.09

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2021 13:25
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC downloads area with the following changes

* Fixed a bug where text objects could have missing characters if using DrawText with multiple text objects using the same font and character size with Vulkan
* Fixed TTF fonts rendering at lower quality if the text was place at a half pixel position
* Added support for the RequestAppReview command on Android (Google Play only)
* Updated iOS projects so they will now run on M1 (ARM) Macs
* Fixed AdMob reward videos on Android sometimes rendering incorrectly
* Added SetAdMobChildRating command to notify AdMob if the app is targeted at children
* Added GetRewardAdValueAdMob command to get the reward amount from a reward ad
* Added CreateImageFromPNGMemblock to convert a memblock containing a PNG file into an AppGameKit image
* Added CreateSoundFromOGGMemblock to convert a memblock containing an OGG file into an AppGameKit sound
* Added CreateMusicFromOGGMemblock to convert a memblock containing an OGG file into an AppGameKit music file
* Added GetMemblockSHA1 to hash the contents of a memblock
* Added GetMemblockSHA256 to hash the contents of a memblock
* Added SetImageSubImages to change the subimages.txt file currently applied to an AppGameKit image

Let me know if you have any problems
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2021 16:06
Very excited to see the new memblock and subimages methods. I hope these make it into AppGameKit classic as well.
Ranietz
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2021 17:44
The new commands displays as white text instead of colored text as the older commands on my computer. Maybe there's a file that hasn't been updated?
PSY
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2021 21:46
Awesome, thank you very much!

Quote: "Very excited to see the new memblock and subimages methods. I hope these make it into AppGameKit classic as well."

We'll be releasing a similar update to AppGameKit Classic very shortly too!

PSY

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Amon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2021 08:21
Thank you. Some cool additions and fixes there.
Win 10 Pro - AMD RYZEN 9 3950X 64GB DDR4 - RTX 2080 SUPER
Vectrex71CH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2021 09:21
Yes thank you, it seems somehow, that App Game Kit Studio is not dead as all say. I'm thankful for the update! Also a positive thing that i want to mention is, that i saw in your newest Newsletter, that the ShaderPack should be compatible with Game Guru (Max)! So is there a new Mindset inside the Team to bring your products more closer together? If yes, then this is a good direction! If not, thenb please think about it ! All the best !
McFish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2021 11:30
Quote: "it seems somehow, that App Game Kit Studio is not dead as all say"

Then again, its not very alive either. It took 3 months to get few new commands, and bugfixes.

Also there hasn't been any activity in AGKTier2 repo in github since 16 nov 2020 and only 5 bugs closed (and 9 new created) in AppGameKit studio repo in the past month (according to github pulse)
c0d3r9
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2021 13:06 Edited at: 10th Feb 2021 13:39
Thank...but it seems that the new commands are not highlighted in the IDE.
And SetImageSubImages doesn´t exist in the help and so no way to look how it could work.

btw.: A tool to converting images(or OGG sounds) in a memblock could be useful for new users.So everybody have to code its own app for that.
Laptop: Win10@64bit - i3 2x2Ghz - 8GB Ram - 1TB HDD
Desktop: Win10@64bit - AMD Ryzen 5 3400G - MSI B450 Tomahawk - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD

Vectrex71CH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2021 15:03
McFish wrote:

Quote: "Then again, its not very alive either. It took 3 months to get few new commands, and bugfixes.

Also there hasn't been any activity in AGKTier2 repo in github since 16 nov 2020 and only 5 bugs closed (and 9 new created) in AppGameKit studio repo in the past month (according to github pulse) "

Ohh?! From this perspective , it is interesting! hmm! Thank you for this "eye opener"
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2021 21:40
Vectrex71CH wrote: "Ohh?! From this perspective , it is interesting! hmm! Thank you for this "eye opener""

343 issues and feature requests in the database.. not a single one looked at. Even the simple stuff like being able to fold code using a keyboard shortcut. But hey, we can now request a review on google play... that'll be super useful for all of the three people who might use it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us
Amon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2021 06:45
Chill people. Give the devs a chance. There's so much going on now it's difficult for any business to work properly.
Win 10 Pro - AMD RYZEN 9 3950X 64GB DDR4 - RTX 2080 SUPER
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2021 19:21
Hey, thanks for the update!
Regards Sph!nx
huggy70
User Offline
Quote: " Even the simple stuff like being able to fold code using a keyboard shortcut."

Yes this is really annoying. And there are more things like that: In the Project panel all nodes are expanded every time I open an .agk file and the cursor position gets lost somewhere in the list but not on the currently opened file. Just today I had to wonder why the debugger tool tip shows no value when hovering over a variable with the mouse (only shows " : "). After one hour of searching I remembered the debug window must be visible for this feature to work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2021-04-10 16:21:26
Your offset time is: 2021-04-10 16:21:26