Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Installed AppGameKit Studio, created a new Project...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
... and compiled the default main.agc code.
Running this code gives me the following error:

Compiling TestProj/main.agc
Err: The file “media” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.
Running TestProj/TestProject.app/Contents/MacOS/AppGameKit Player
Compilation finished successfully.

Note: I installed AppGameKit Studio via Steam. I first installed it on a Windows PC, then I installed it on a Mac OS system. The error happens on the MacOS system.

I also want to add, that the error message itself is not displayed correctly in the Message Window:
Err: The file ?media? couldn?t be opened because there is no such file.

Looks like some codeset problem? The correct text above is from the Copy action on this error message.

Thanks in Advance for looking into this.
Fiorell
Years of Service
User Offline
Update: Doing the exact same steps on my Windows PC works!
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2021 08:48
Open the project folder, check there is a folder named "media" in the project root, if not create it then run the project again, if it works then congrats you found a bug, AppGameKit should create this folder when you first run the project if its not doing so on Mac then either bug, file permissions, pull of the moon, who knows!
andyflet
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there any way to use this app if I can't download or install any apps on my device? IT refuses updating app store or any current apps. Thanks
andyflet
Years of Service
User Offline
hey!
Somehow this isnt working on my device. Shows me some error. Do you have to somehow disable protection of installation of 3-d party apps or something?
andyflet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2021 21:49 Edited at: 28th Feb 2021 19:06
After long research I actually found some good useful sources to help with the problem.
Here is a quite useful one: https://orangesoft.co/blog/the-best-programming-languages-for-mobile-game-development Has anyone dealt with any of these alternatives from the list? Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:45:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:45:53