Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / SetTextFont - Can't work on Linux

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My System:

Quote: " Version Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia 64-bit
Kernel Linux 5.3.0-51-generic x86_64
MATE 1.22.20-51
"

Here is Code

The font is installed on my Linux. The program reports an error that it could not be found.
Who can help me?
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2021 17:01
Maybe the font isn't properly installed? You can try looking if the font truly is installed and recognized by your system with "$ fc-list"

The easy work around is just to drop the font file in your media folder and load it from there if nothing else works.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us
CQueens
Years of Service
User Offline

Quote: " The easy work around is just to drop the font file in your media folder and load it from there if nothing else works."

The "GetSystemFontExists ()" function does not work on Linux, but

I copied the font file, "gaposiss.ttf" into the media folder. Thank you, it works

n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2021 19:57
If you plan on ever exporting the project to another platform, especially one that doesn't support TTF like android, I suggest you look into Image Fonts. Not quite as versatile and you might need to create a few different ones if you use different sizes, but at least they are platform independent. There's a program you can use to turn any installed TTF into image fonts, it's for windows but you can probably WINE it if you just have a linux machine. Look it up here: https://blog.flipheads.net/agk_tools
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:12:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:12:21