Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / GetScreenYFrom3D() behaviour

Author
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2021 15:59
When using AppGameKit Classic I find that the GetScreenYFrom3D() function returns an inverted screen position value. I get around this by using GetVirtualResolution() - GetScreenYFrom3D().

However, I use AppGameKit Studio to target Vulkan and the GetScreenYFrom3D() function works normally (not inverted).

Is anybody else getting this problem?
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes and I've also had to manually detect when in AKGC OpenGL vs AGKS Vulkan to calculate the difference for the correct position result. You may also encounter differences in OpenGL when a render image is active vs when the render is set to the screen.
JohnStabler
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2021 20:18
Yes, I already noticed some differences with how you can use images created with CreateRenderImage(). For instance, I can't apply an image mask to them. Where I've been creating procedurally generated textures I have saved them to the file system and reloaded so I can apply the mask. Not a massive problem in my case though.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2021 20:45
I have not experienced this problem
JohnStabler
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2021 23:12
I'm using the most up to date versions (via Steam).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:16:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:16:31