Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [LOCKED] Giant Asset Packs with no frame numbers for animations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol

It is so funny

After you buy the Assets packs you find Characters with no frame numbers to animate them with.

i figured out some of them are 64 by 64 but the rest of them lol

All I am saying is when you sell something, make sure you add what is important.
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2021 21:04
yeah well... when you post something snarky, make sure you understand the difference between frames and resolution?

yknow....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "yeah well... when you post something snarky"

I am not being what you call snarky

I am being real

I paid close to a hundred dollars for a product that looks so good, but then find out there are no frame numbers.

Plus What if someone does not know anything about frames and resolution?

We are not suppose to say anything?

n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2021 22:04
Quote: "What if someone does not know anything about frames and resolution?"

Because it makes your question confusing and hard to answer. In the last day or two you've posted three times here, The first time you didn't read the file that was right in front of you. The second time you didn't read the error message that was right in front of you. And the third time is just complaining about something because you don't understand some basic things.

It's alright to be a beginner and to come here for help, you're more than welcome. But if you don't give it the old college try and do some research and experimentation on your side, people will just start ignoring your posts.

When you post here, you need to understand we're not sitting next to you, and we're not in your head. You need to give clear information about what you're looking for, what's happening with your code, etc.

If you're looking for the sprite resolution, a little google research would have shown you that in 99% of all cases a sprite strip is made of blocks of the exact same size. Seeing as the character PNGs in the asset pack are 512 pixels wide and 256 pixels high (right click....properties...) and they have 4 rows of 8 images. You could have made a simple division and find out they are 64x64 pixels.

However.. that's still not a frame number. So what exactly you are looking for... we can't know. Thus, we can't help. But coming here all snarky about paying money for something you're obviously not going to put much effort in... well, it's not gonna help ya.
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
n00bstar

HI, I am not new to programing, I know Dark Basic pro and AGK2.

I just bought APK Studio and was very lost on a lot of things.

I do appreciate your help and am sorry if I upset you some how.

I was just making fun on how they sell sprite sheets with no frame number aka

65x64 or what ever

I was not trying to start anything with anyone.

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2021 22:36
Please keep posts on topic.
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2021 22:58
So what you're looking for is the X and Y dimensions of each sprites in the sheet. That's the resolution. A frame number is something you'll assign in code and that you will use to decide which of the...well.. frames to display.

Most sprite sheets will be made up of blocks of the same size as I said. So even if the sprite is some weird resolution like 53 x 187, you can usually find out because all the frames of the sprite will be the same size. So if that weird sprite sheet has 2 rows of 5 images its resolution should be 265 x 374 in total. You can work backwards from there: right click on the image, select properties and look up the total resolution of the image (265 x 374). Then divide by the number of rows & columns (265 / 5 and 374 / 2) and that should give you how big a single sprite is.

Most sprite sheets don't come with any information about the sprite size so you'll have to get used to finding that out on your own.

If the sprite sheet isn't made up of blocks of the same size... well then... that's a good moment to flip the table and send angry emails to your local congressman.
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2021 23:55 Edited at: 14th Mar 2021 23:56
Thanks for the answers but I was not looking for help on how to get the size blocks.

This topic is how they didn't include them in the package I bought.

That is the topic here

I know how to find out each block size

I guess like you said, Most sprite sheets don't come with any information about the sprite size

But they should
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2021 01:49
I think you're both confusing things... not sure if it's on purpose or, well... anyhow;

It is common practise for Media Packages (esp. those Commercially Sold) to include all relevant information to those purchasing the Products.
For example when I've done with my Freelance work has been to provide a complete overview of said product.

So for example an Animated Model will breakdown:

• Mesh Components
• Materials / Shaders / Images for each Mesh (Model)
• Rig Outline (along with Tolerances / Joint Types)
• Animation List with (Key) Frame that they exist within

Where-as something like a Sprite Sheet., well generally speaking all Frames within said Sheet are going to be the exact same size; and this will be with both an accompanying readme.txt file
But will also be part of the Sprite Sheet Name.

i.e. Mario_16x16.png

This short-hands what each Sprite Frame is in terms of Size,. then the Sheet is simply broken down into 16x16 Pixel Blocks; and Numerically Assigned (I've noticed in recent years, you tend to NEED to also provide a "Guide" Sheet for how this is broken down)
Essentially the Order is Left > Right., Top > Bottom
So you'd count the number of Frames in a given Animation (provided in the Readme) to figure out what the Sprites will be; and MOST Middleware (Unity / Unreal) will Read Sprite Sheets in this way.

That AppGameKit do this or not... I don't know., honestly I'm fairly sure they outsource all of the Media they sell.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 19:23:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 19:23:46