Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / rawpath errors with GetImage()

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2021 00:51
Still getting the same compiler error when trying to use GetImage()
What's SetRawWritePath() and raw: folders got to do with copying an image?

I did something another way last time I had this issue, but now I really do need to use GetImage()

It was reported here, but nothing has been fixed.

James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2021 03:24
Can you reproduce this issue in a simple snippet? This would be the normal way of forum goers helping to see if there is a work around and also the only way to confirm a bug - assuming someone here has an old phone from the same era. If this is hardware specific ie your s4 then it is questionable as to whether TGC would determine if the issue is worth fixing given its age...even if it where a case of it was a simple fix you would still have to wait on the next update which might be a while anyway. I don't think that they touch bugs reported here, think you have to report it on the GitHub page and even then they have soooo many outstanding issues listed there that you might not get a fix any time soon. That said, never say never If you can produce snippet it might also help determine what other devices this might affect, might even narrow this down to a particular year when tech changed - assuming TGC can't/won't do anything about the issue. I have J4+ model which is only about 5 years ahead of yours(2018) and J3 which is 2016 - so I could check it on them - if newer phones are affected then TGC might pull their finger out to deal with this.
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2021 10:11
Few questions:
1) Is it across all platforms?
2) Are you using any RawFolder commands in your code somewhere? Or any disk access for that matter.
3) Does it happen on a fresh new piece of code with nothing else in it?

My first thought is that the GetImage command needs to store the image somewhere and on certain devices with either low memory or heavy restrictions, AppGameKit might default back to disk access to store the image and you're somehow blocked from writing to the disk.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2021 00:47
There's no phones involved - just Windows.
OK, so I was using deprecated functions elsewhere in the code such as SetRawWritePath() which I've since altered.
It seems that using GetImage() triggers a wholesale hard check against deprecated functions, as I also then got "LoadMusic() has been deprecated, used LoadMusicOgg() instead".

nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2021 00:57
OK, so I updated my old read/write functions to use RAW: and they work.
I changed the music to OGG and that works.

Now the getImage() call complains about Text 0 does not exist at [line where getImage() was called]

There's something a bit busted here....
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2021 01:49
Quote: "There's no phones involved - just Windows."

Then maybe next time don't offer up a link stating this is the same issue when the link you gave was specific to a device that was not Windows and in fact clearly states several posts down it works fine on Windows! It is very misleading, also another good reason to provide a working code snippet that reproduces your issue. This also applies to your most recent post detailing Text 0, you stated in your first post;

Quote: "It was reported here, but nothing has been fixed"

This is now debunked given you NEVER once stated(until after 2 responses) that it was Windows specific...in fact it was your code using commands no longer in use, had you provided a working snippet with correct information this would have been dealt with effectively much sooner.
Now you are saying;

Quote: "There's something a bit busted here...."

So how do we know if it is AppGameKit or once again your code? I therefore once again suggest you provide a working snippet that reproduces this error so as not to waste anybody else's time. We literally have no clue what is in your code. Is there a line in your code where the characters Text 0 exists for example? Don't get me wrong, you might get lucky, maybe an experienced user of AppGameKit knows exactly what this is about, but for the rest of us it is just stab in the dark style guess work!
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
blink0k
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 30th Mar 2021 06:04
First up lets just take it easy. it's not like we're deciding covid-19 policy or anything right?

Sesondly nz0 may well have posted an example but the attach button has had issues lately.

Nz, if you could post a snippet that would be most helpfull matey,.
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2021 12:15 Edited at: 30th Mar 2021 12:16
@blink0k huh? I haven't attempted to make any policy regarding current political matters relating to health, especially given politics is a subject detailed on the 3rd line of the AUP. Neither does COVID19 have anything to do with this unless of course you are deliberately trying to belittle me? You could have simply discussed this using the messaging system rather than blatantly attempting to ridicule me in public. I invite you to a constructive conversation using a PM in future. Neither have I gone harsh on this matter, that would have been against AUP. If you read something negatively then the perception will be negative. I do not believe for 1 moment I have done anything wrong other than to offer help in as constructive a manner as possible - as I have always done over the past 13 years and have never before been accused of going harsh(ie not going easy) on anyone - the need for snippets is something the old bug report board considered fairly critical so I went with the exact same guidelines from there and there was key information missing and misleading with regards to the platform. I have not insulted the OP or gone against the AUP. Everything is within AUP guidelines, I will clarify with TGC. You cannot expect me to know the failings of the forum, after all I am not psychic and could not possibly know. I am sorry you feel this way so I will do you a solid, I won't post again to help anyone to avoid any further confusion until I hear back from TGC. I hope this will suffice.

@nz0 best of luck buddy, wish I could help you further.
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2021 23:08
Holy shit James, take it easy buddy, Go outside, get some fresh air or something.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us
blink0k
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 14th Apr 2021 02:19
unlocked

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:24:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:24:42