Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / AppGame Player for Mobile Device Issues

Author
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2021 21:41 Edited at: 7th Apr 2021 21:41
For the past week I've been trying to work with the App Game Kit Player for the Various devices to get an idea on how my game will look etc...
I've run into a couple of issues with some of my devices. If anyone has had any experience with working with the app and the devices mentioned below I'm having issues with I am open to any advice.

FireHD 8 7th Generation - Button Control Bar at the bottom of the screen won't go away when the app launches. Not sure how to get it to go away.
Galaxy Tab A - Looks Fine for testing
iPhone 7 S Plus on iOS 13 - Loads fine and projects come up
iPhone 12 Pro Max on iOS 14 - Had to get the prompt to allow connection to network for app before this worked
iPad Pro 12.9 Inch 3rd Gen on iOS 14 - Had the allow connection to network for app appear once and somehow mis-clicked on it and now I can't get that to come up. The App continues to report issues.
Note 5 - I will need to test but will probably work fine as the Galaxy Tab A does.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2021 02:18 Edited at: 8th Apr 2021 02:19
Quote: "Had the allow connection to network for app appear once and somehow mis-clicked on it and now I can't get that to come up"

You might be able to set this through setting/apps/permissions
Quote: "Button Control Bar at the bottom of the screen won't go away when the app launches. Not sure how to get it to go away."

Try using SetImmersiveMode( mode ). Note that it is a fickle command and you might need to execute it a few times, see the documentation for details
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Nothing shows up in settings/app/permissions. iOS 14 apparently has issues with Apps that don't attempt to communicate outbound and won't pop up the window asking for permission. If the App Game Kit acts in this way that it is only listening then that's the problem. I'm not even sure how I got it to come up on my Phone. On iOS 13 there's no issue there, Apple only started doing this in iOS14.

I'll keep trying on the Kindle Fire.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 18:47:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 18:47:35