Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Anagram finder - non game app

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I have created an anagram finder. You enter letters (only) into a field press a button and the program fins all the words that can be formed using the letters you input. The more letters you input the longer the search will take. On my pc - i5 1053G laptop the search for 8 letters takes a few seconds. I have installed on my Redmi Note 8 pro 64gb phone and the app runs pretty much the same as on my laptop. The word lists are embedded in the program as arrays to minimise load time. At the moment the design is 600wide by 1300high but seems to display ok on my laptop.
Give it a try .
Things I know don't work -
If there are too many words found the smaller letter words will not fit in the output field - I'll need to work on how to make it scroll
The virtual button does not change between the two sprites -so there is no visual feedback that you have pushed the button. I made the layout in the scene editor in AppGameKit Studio so I don't know what's going wrong here.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:35:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:35:28