Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Resuing / Duplicating a Scene?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone, being new to AppGameKit Studio, I wonder if there is any option to reuse or duplicate a scene with some modifications? If not, I wonder if something like that can be planned for future version? It would be such an useful addition.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Colonel_Klink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2021 01:35 Edited at: 21st Apr 2021 01:59
This would be a cool added feature as I have tried copying the scene in Windows explorer but it caused duplication problems. Being able to duplicate within AppGameKit would be useful if it made the necessary changes to the scene source file. As it is at the moment the scene source file is write protected within AGK.
We are now fully operational - that is, we are in a constant flap instead of having isolated confused situations.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2021 01:50
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
In AGK:S: To duplicate a scene, go th the file in explorer, copy and rename it then open it in an external editor and run a search and replace on the old file name, take particular care to ensure you change the scene name field of the settings at the bottom of the page else AppGameKit will just overwrite your changes with the name in this field .

Any other app ever made: right click!

Just Saying!
Colonel_Klink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2021 05:31
Excellent PartTimeCoder... works beautifully. Thanks.
We are now fully operational - that is, we are in a constant flap instead of having isolated confused situations.
subratabera
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you PartTimeCoder. That's a nice workaround. It worked for me!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:07:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:07:42