Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Starting May 5th, you must let us know why your app requires broad storage access?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2021 02:10
Starting May 5th, you must let us know why your app requires broad storage access?
I got this mail from google . any one know how to fixed ? Thankyou
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2021 02:42

You can add to the GitHub issue here:
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/AGK-Studio/issues/800

A couple of us have also posted here:
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/227337?page=1#msg2663869

If anyone else is having this problem, please post or add a comment to the issue on GitHub.

LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
Use virtual resolution instead of the default percentage system." - Digital Awakening
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2021 17:42
Rick has replied to my message on Discord today and has said that they are looking in to it now
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2021 17:53
Thank you for relaying that, Kevin. Are they normally more responsive in discord than here? If so, I'll start hanging out there more often.
AGK Resource Directory
Use virtual resolution instead of the default percentage system." - Digital Awakening
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2021 21:40
This shouldn't cause anyone any problems, but we're looking to put out an update that will remove this warning either this week or next (iOS also requires some changes for iOS 14.5 so we want to get those done at the same time).

The requestLegacyExternalStorage flag is currently present in all AppGameKit apps since it allowed us to continue supporting deprecated functionality in Android 10 to read and write to the device's storage (called external storage from the app's point of view). Android 11 has now deprecated this flag as well.

The presence of this flag does not mean the app is accessing external storage just that it might be, so Google are detecting the flag and warning you that if you are actually accessing external storage then you need to follow some new rules. For this Google have introduced a new permission called MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE which grants access to all files in external storage in Android 11, this is different from the old WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission which we currently use.

Since no AppGameKit apps currently request the MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission you will not be required to explain why they are using it. If you are using the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission in your app then this is ignored by Android 11 and you don't get any access to external storage.

If you want to remove the warning immediately edit the file at "media\data\android\sourceGoogle\AndroidManifest.xml" and remove the code that reads
be sure to keep the closing angle bracket > at the end of the line. Then export as normal.

To access images on the user's device use ShowChooseImageScreen() instead which will use Android approved methods for a user to select an image.
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2021 05:05
Cool beans. Thanks for the update, the explanation of why we're getting the error, and the workaround if we want to resolve it sooner. Very much appreciated!

AGK Resource Directory
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2021 08:31
Thank you Paul. I may wait for an update if you're planning to release one within the next week or so.

@Loktofeit I rarely see staff post on the Discord server, and when they do its normally to post about sales they are running. So its hard to say if they visit and regularly read posts from others. Rick may have only responded because I tagged him after his promotion post. Not suggesting we tag staff with every problem we have, but in this instance it seemed to have worked.
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2021 11:26
Thankyou to all . I will wait for next update , I could not change anything now ..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:33:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:33:46