Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Distorted vertices problem on animated object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2021 14:56
When I export ( in .obj or .fbx formats ) an animated blender model, and import it into the 3D viewer utility that comes with the '3D Mega Pack' I get the problem as shown in the image below.

Some of the vertices are out of position.

Any idea's on a fix would be grateful.

Amazing creations start with a Fuzzy Vision
Dave - Creator, Developer and Visionary
Fuzzy Visions

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2021 22:49
I have not played around much with imported media with AppGameKit but in DBP I recognise that image as similar looking behaviour when not applying scale & rotation in the main windows menu(apply>scale&rotation) after each and every movement - not the animation frame but the changes between poses. I don't have the bumper pack but I assume they made the viewer in AppGameKit so WYSIWYG. If that is the case then chances are it is a blender issue that is purposeful for blender. I can confirm that for example the barbarian model from the old TGC store works exactly the same in DBP as AGK. Therefore my advice would be, create a simple object in blender, rig it with bones and weight paint it, then animate it and export. Try once without applying scale/rotation each pose movement and once with. See if you notice similarities. If this is the case then your fix would be to start animation from scratch.

The second possibility is that you didn't manage to weight paint every vertex correctly leaving some behind without assignment or very little weight/not fully weighted. It is hard to tell with just a still image. I can see the name maximo in the file name so another assumption I have made there is you are re rigging it for your own anims or trying to convert it to a format that AppGameKit supports which maximo does not export to or something along these lines. In this situation you would have to repaint weights then start animation from scratch.

Failing this I don't know but both of the above issues could be in play rather than just one or the other.
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 11th May 2021 15:16
either export from blender as dae (files are very small because it doesnt include the complete frame information) i even do this in 2.79 save as blender file and load in the latest version just to resave it but that cos i messed up my settings

or export as directx (needs blender 2.79 or less) https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/223848

and if there is any object scaling you will get similar results there is details explaining what can and cant be done on the forum i just cant find it atm

GOODLUCK

fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
Creative Magic Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2021 22:50 Edited at: 11th May 2021 22:52
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Thank's for your help you guys.

After trawling many hundreds of YouTube clips over the past week or so, I have sussed out that it was the scaling that was not set to 1 before animating etc. I guess most of you Blender experts knew this anyway!

I am in the process of getting a test 3D object animated with material into AppGameKit that you can select any frame sequence. Boy, has it been tough to nail down the specifics of each Blender process! Such is the beast that we call Blender!

Once I have got my game up to a certain point, I really want to do a YouTube clip for you guys to show exactly how to create and import an animated 3D object into AppGameKit, as there isn't ( as far as I can see ) any YouTube vids that explain this whole process. There are many separate sections of this process scattered about on YouTube ( which takes ages to hunt down ) but no full ( from start to finish ) of the whole process that are relevant to AGK. So look out for this vid to help you in a month or so.
Amazing creations start with a Fuzzy Vision
Dave - Creator, Developer and Visionary
Fuzzy Visions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:47:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:47:31