Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / FTP active mode: how?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2021 22:38 Edited at: 21st May 2021 22:38
Last year I had experimented with FTP commands in DarkBasicPro and made an FTP client with a 3D graphical interface, that represents the files in the remote systems as 3D objects in space (see http://devilmaster.altervista.org/ftp.html ).
There is one particular server I cannot connect to: ftp://ftp.gamers.org. The administrator says that for the time being, I have to enable active mode because an update he made stopped working. So, how do I use FTP in active mode from within a DarkBasicPro application?
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2021 16:35
Active Mode just means that the Send Data isn't using Port 21., but instead any Port above 1023 (i.e. 1024 - 65535) that isn't in usage by another Client.
Now I don't recall but you _should_ be able to set the Port used by adding ortNumber to the end of the Url$ you connect via.

So what you'll likely need to do is Open 2 Connections Concurrently...
One that is using the Random Port, the other that is Default... you'll NEVER be able to SEND data to the Default, but you'll need it to listen.
While the Random Port will both Send / Receive.

Alternatively get your System Admin to set the FTP back to Passive.

Devil Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Now I don't recall but you _should_ be able to set the Port used by adding PortNumber to the end of the Url$ you connect via."

How do I do that? I tried

and

and in both cases, the Get Ftp Failure() command returns 1, while the Get Ftp Error$() returns an empty string.

Quote: "Alternatively get your System Admin to set the FTP back to Passive. "

Many other people complained about that, and his response was: "As long as you keep using passive mode, there's always something - until I find out why that broke, which I can't make any promises on. So as instructed above already, use active mode. "

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:48:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:48:20