Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / how have Error : Failed to render music graph : 80040266 without stop the app ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, when i load some mp3 i can have this error:
Error : Failed to render music graph : 80040266

i think it depend of the mp3 (they work anyway in VLC) , the first problem is the app stop when i have this error, my app must let the user open a mp3 from is computer, i prefer an error like "file error" and let the app work, but it crash after this.
Thank for your help
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2021 04:41
probably not what you want to hear but:
[My Itch.io Home] [Community Apps on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
stigmat
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes i know OGG is better compatible but i want the user can choose mp3 to.For moment i have save a json who remember the last mp3 file open for write it in red next time.
Thank
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2021 01:32 Edited at: 17th Aug 2021 01:43
i haven't tried very hard to do it yet but i'm thinking of loading the mp3 (or part of it), determining the codec required and comparing it to what agk supports...

since the mp3 commands are deprecated (and maybe this is part of why they are), i think we'll have to figure out how to trap it ourselves.

what are the specs on the mp3s that fail?

also, do you get the same error when loading as Sound (assuming you were loading as Music)?
[My Itch.io Home] [Community Apps on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2021 19:05
TGC (or any other company for that matter) can/will not officially support mp3 because of the pre 2017 licencing nightmare that came with it, the Fraunhofer codec came with massive licencing restrictions and although it was the defacto format for over 20 years it left devs in a bit of a pickle, ogg has zero restrictions so company's like TGC opt to use this as official supported format to avoid the licencing and the general consensus over the years was "our product will play mp3 files but they are not officially supported"

I would say the lack of support and depreciation of the function set have something to do with the aforementioned licencing issues....

The first thing I ever coded was a mp3 tag editor and I have great nostalgia for the format but I think its pretty much dead now.
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
stigmat
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank for your help.I understand mp3 is not more the best file format, but im working to make a media player... An most user who use media player are still on mp3 files i think :/
stigmat
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyway, if someone can have a issue, nor for play the mp3 make the error (if someone have its beautiful) , but a way for this error dont crash the app.something like if playmusic(mymusic)=0 then error() ... ?
Thank and sorry for my poor english

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 18:06:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 18:06:19