Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / AGK Studio Window Resizing Issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2021 18:34 Edited at: 17th Aug 2021 18:44
I spent about an hour figuring out why my window would not "Maximize" Or Resize. The issue is with the 2d "Scene" Manager. The script automatically defaults to the screen size of the scene vs. the ones set by the user.

The AppGameKit Scene editor automatically generates this code (the menu_battlemap example is the scene's name, so this will be different for you. The SETUP() part is the same..)

All you have to do is make sure for each scene you change the variable "change_window " that loads the scene to "0" on the screen resolution IN EACH SCENE used. Then, remember to turn the Editor from "Read Only" so you can save the file.

I hope this helps someone else. Thanks!

EDIT:
Additional Note: You will have to REEDIT Each scene after making a change (the editor rewrites the variable flag after each modification with the original value).. Unless the developers have another solution available.
Watch \"StarCrash\" a 1979 epic film, make sure your not to sober..
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2021 03:45
I've been playing with the Scene Editor lately and can really use this. Thanks for posting this!
LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
ruckertheron
Years of Service
User Offline
I usually write SetWindowSize(-1,-1,1) right after you call the setup to the scene.. You will see the transition from a small window to fullscreen which I haven't figured out yet but on android you won't be able to see the transition.. only windows in my experience

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:39:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:39:45