Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Android App - not starting

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have created a little app to play an ogg vorbis file.

I exported as an Android apk and loaded it onto my phone. It installed OK and I said open and it ran OK. However when I try to run the app after this it seems to start then immediately quit. Screen shows but stops immediately.
Is there anything obviously wrong here? The sound file is about 45mb.
Using AppGameKit Studio 2021.06.14
Thanks
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2021 09:24
can you upload your "relax1.ogg" files so I can download and chk . I couldn't see any mistake or error except too many use of "END" anyways just upload your ogg files I will run in my pc and give you update . ok .
matty47
Years of Service
User Offline
I have cut a bit of the file and attached herewith - did not want to upload the whole 45mb file.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2021 09:52
No problem no need ogg files . because I already download a .ogg files from internet and use your code (change nothing ) and everything fine . I also create .apk and install in my phone and work well no issue
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2021 09:55 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2021 09:56
If you can trust me then you can download this ogg.apk

Attachments

Login to view attachments
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2021 23:31
Sounds like you are closing the application with the END command on your first run. This doesn't work. AppGameKit will keep running in the background, and if you try to relaunch an AppGameKit app after that, it will fail. Try opening the active apps menu and shutting down the app and see if that fixes it?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2021 00:40
Yup, I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the droid does not like the end command too, I think you need to just exit the loop

Try this
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
matty47
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the answers. I found that after ending the app and trying to restart the app "remembered" values so it had not reinitialsed. I had also omitted to set the playing flag to 0 in response to the virtual button 2 (STOP) being pushed. I think that this meant that when the app tried to restart the flag was still set to 1 and the checkTime function immediately closed the app. I added this and the app behaved. Now if I change the time in the edit box and either stop the app or wait for the timer to stop the app, when I relaunch the app it has kept the value entered into the edit box. To reset the app I have to remove the app from the recent applications on the phone.
Thanks again for the support.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-19 11:11:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-19 11:11:35