Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / [SOLVED] AGK Player no longer starts on iOS 12.5.4

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2021 17:54
Is anyone experiencing this?
I have an iPhone 5s which has just updated to iOS 12.5.4. The "AGK Player" app has also updated from the App Store to 2021.06.14. When I run the app is shows the splash screen then instantly quits. It used to work with the old version but not any more.

I know the iPhone 5s is old but as it is still receiving iOS updates I am assuming it is still supported by Apple, and the AppGameKit Player app says it should work with anything IOS 9 or above. I am open to any suggestions at this point.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2021 21:57 Edited at: 6th Sep 2021 21:59
I raised this problem earlier in the year on Discord. I found that I could only release to iOS12 if I used a 2019 build of AppGameKit Studio, but that wasn't something I could keep doing so I had to give up and tell my users that I'm no longer able to support iOS 12 with my app.

I know you mentioned the Player but the problem might be bigger than just the Player. I don't know if you're the same person that opened the ticket on GitHub today, but if you did then you've already seen my responses
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2021 21:59
github issue, for cross reference.
[My Itch.io Home] [Community Apps on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2022 12:20
iOS version on 12.5.5 now and the "AppGameKit Player" (from the App Store) still does not work. The splash screen pops up but then quits. I've updated the github issue thread to hopefully bring attention back to this.

My own apps created in AppGameKit Studio work fine when pushed to the iPhone adhoc or published to the store.
I tried to export the AppGameKit Player from the IDE following the instructions in the readme.txt file which says "export the AppGameKit player using Tools->iOS->Export AppGameKit Player" but that menu item does not exist. Is there a way to export just the Player App from the Studio IDE so I can push it to my phone manually to see if it works, instead of using the version from the App Store?
MucMac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2022 10:11
[...]
What’s New
Jun 14, 2021

Version 2021.06.14

Updated for version 2021.06.14 of the AppGameKit Studio IDE
[...]

This is the last avaiable version from the appstore, why are there no updates? the android player gets some, why not ios?
--
Mac
Lead Programmer
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2022 18:06
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
UPDATE: This now appears to have been fixed in the "Sep 25 2022" build of the AppGameKit Player from the App Store. It runs and receives broadcasts fine on iOS 12.5.5 and 12.5.6
Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:39:49
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:39:49