Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / STEP - Space TEch Project. Fly through a procedurally generated galaxy.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2021 14:03 Edited at: 15th Sep 2021 14:04
S.T.E.P. is currently a tier 2 tech demo where the AI navigates through procedurally generated star systems.
The procedural generation includes: Star types / sizes, planet types / sizes / distances, number of moons, planet and star field textures.
It's not really scientifically accurate, but that isn't really my focus at this point.

I've includes some screenshots and the application download is also available here.
I'm not really sure if this will evolve into an actual game, but it might well do so.

Sit back, relax and enjoy!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2021 02:07 Edited at: 28th Sep 2021 02:17
neat.

add some more space features? nebulae, etc. that we can pass through?

maybe even some procgen constellations that you could point out during the tour? maybe "Globbits Bits" ?

and, how about "Space Tech Entertainment Project" ?

"Flights departing daily!" (take that, elon)
[My Itch.io Home] [AGK on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
Globbits
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2021 11:41
Hi Virtual Nomad.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will also try to add other objects like comets, asteroids, black holes, as well as ships and space stations.

For now, I've added an exterior view of the ship to make it look a bit more interesting. New version is attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:12:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:12:07