Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / GUI Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

the last time I have coded with Blitzmax NG, and now i´m thinking to switch to AGK.
the last few days I have searched the forum about things I need...
SQlite.... i Found
but is there a GUI, I can use in AppGameKit, I found OryGUI and TopGUI ..
ist the TopGUI working under AppGameKit or only under Darkbasic??
I need for my program buttons, Textboxes, textarea, Calendar, Comboboxes ist there something for AppGameKit??
OryGUI is a big framework, i think...

regards from Germany
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2021 21:10 Edited at: 19th Sep 2021 21:17
hi, and welcome.

no, AppGameKit has very little of that "out of the box" and yes, TopGUI is DBPro only.

OryGUI is a large framework (tho i have no personal experience with it except knowing that the creator has done a lot of work on it).

another is Nuklear by MadBit. i don't know how evolved it is, either. i know others were successfully implementing it but have not had the opportunity to test any project that utilizes it. and, as a plugin, it would be for windows only (not sure what platforms you are considering developing for).

madbit has also written a (famously useful) win plugin called FileExplore that, i believe, has calendar functionality.

otherwise, if ALL you need is " buttons, Textboxes, text area, Calendar, Comboboxes ", that wouldn't be too difficult to code for yourself and i'm sure we could all help tackle the elements separately. (buttons, text boxes and text area being the simplest with some of that already built into AppGameKit, and the others only slightly tougher to produce).

finally, i've renamed this thread to something more useful than "newbie question" and added "GUI" to Nuklear's title so that it shows on Search
[My Itch.io Home] [AGK on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2021 21:31
Quote: "another is Nuklear by MadBit. i don't know how evolved it is, either."

Its pretty much full featured, MadBit did a fantastic job.
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2021 22:15 Edited at: 20th Sep 2021 03:45
I've had a play with Nuklear and it is very good I think it would not necessarily be too hard to just code it as you go along however Nuklear is pleasing to look at and professional. I would have liked to see TGC produce an official version
but I guess Nuklear does the job and well.
Pebender
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

thanks @all, that sounds good, but i´m looking for a crossplatform GUI, that would be nice..

regards
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2021 10:09 Edited at: 21st Sep 2021 10:10

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:46:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:46:05